Polychop Simulations OH-58D Kiowa

I reckon these fellas have moved past the initial forum backlash, they have tasted the vile tongue of the forum and are moving forward.

They are here to stay.

I am looking forward to their future.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Giant, brightly colored canisters of smoke occluding my field of view.

You would think, given how we are literally years past the "fool me once" stage, these guys would be more forthcoming and open about wtf is going on.

We understand your sentiments but we hope you'll also understand that we can and will not disclose any contract related information as that is something between Eagle Dynamics and us. In the mean time we're hard at work on both the OH-58D and the Gazelle and we try to make things right. There has already been a lot of info on the OH-58D module available in the form of interviews, screenshots, videos and our reveal post for a project in this stage of development.

If we weren't at some point of where all parties involved felt confident we can come to an agreement, we wouldn't have announced the module to the public yet. Everything done and shown so far has been in mutual agreement with the parties involved.

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You guys have a year picked for release yet?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

We understand your sentiments but we hope you'll also understand that we can and will not disclose any contract related information as that is something between Eagle Dynamics and us. In the mean time we're hard at work on both the OH-58D and the Gazelle and we try to make things right. There has already been a lot of info on the OH-58D module available in the form of interviews, screenshots, videos and our reveal post for a project in this stage of development.

If we weren't at some point of where all parties involved felt confident we can come to an agreement, we wouldn't have announced the module to the public yet. Everything done and shown so far has been in mutual agreement with the parties involved.

Great reassurance. Wishing you guys a good and speedy one.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Behind the smoke there is a good fire..., we hope. :thumbup:

I can't find the video you had at the aerobatics event. There he had an interview and was introduced more from kiowa. Does anyone have the link? Thank you!

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

I found...

Edited by ThorBrasil

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

The video with the carbines on the cockpit made me tought... will have the player the "OPTION" to dismount the mast?

s3v2Wni.jpg

E1Lt6BD.jpg

And the loadout to carry a couple of soldiers on the doors?

iQNgY96.jpg

ClUa69C.jpg

Edited by Stratos

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Those first two pictures are OH-58A/C, different models and a much different cockpit.

The only time a kiowa, or Apache for that matter, will fly anyone on the wings is to extract downed crewmembers from another aircraft. This is not a normal task for this aircraft and was developed as a contingency to prevent capture in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The video with the carbines on the cockpit made me tought... will have the player the "OPTION" to dismount the mast?

s3v2Wni.jpg

E1Lt6BD.jpg

And the loadout to carry a couple of soldiers on the doors?

iQNgY96.jpg

ClUa69C.jpg

The first two pictures are of a A/C model which is completely different.

The Mast Mounted Sight (MMS) from my understanding was never removed except at Ft Rucker where they had specific training aircraft.

The soldiers on the skids is sometimes called a spur ride but is only used to hastily transport downed pilots.

And finally the carbines on the dash were used a lot and hopefully Polychop manages to incorporate that in the sim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you ready to take your chopper flying skills to the next level?

Then check out http://www.blacksharkden.com/ Or visit us on Discord https://discord.gg/kaayJ5z and talk to some of our awesome pilots today.

Somehow I missed the two blades and different engine area, thanks for pointing this!

Regarding the guys on the spur ride would be an amazing feature to have and will give us players a new very interesting tas to complete. Hope they can give it a go.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

I think they said it won't happen.

But Muh Pew Pew! :megalol:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Try to do it multycrew chopper Polychop Simulations.

That would be fantastic.

But they tried with the Gazelle, and it ended up not working well (synchronization issues, clear cut division which pilot can press which button, almost impossible to control the chopper from the client-seat)... I can't begin to imagine how many hours they must have spent on that feature.

Especially for a side-by-side cockpit, I believe this is something ED has to lay the foundation for. And seeing as this was announced as a feature for their own choppers UH-1H and Mi-8 and is still in development, I'd rather Polychop did as fantastic of a single seat module as they can, and then add multicrew once ED make it available to them.

That would be fantastic.

But they tried with the Gazelle, and it ended up not working well (synchronization issues, clear cut division which pilot can press which button, almost impossible to control the chopper from the client-seat)... I can't begin to imagine how many hours they must have spent on that feature.

Especially for a side-by-side cockpit, I believe this is something ED has to lay the foundation for. And seeing as this was announced as a feature for their own choppers UH-1H and Mi-8 and is still in development, I'd rather Polychop did as fantastic of a single seat module as they can, and then add multicrew once ED make it available to them.

Unfortunately the pickings for a single seater attack chopper are mighty slim.

Unfortunately the pickings for a single seater attack chopper are mighty slim.

Agreed.

But I think I meant something slightly different.

I hope they do the best single player/single seat version of the OH-58 that they can, and then expend the module to include multi seat/shared cockpit when the foundation has been made available by ED.

Personally, I have little use for a two-seater that doesn't really work with two human pilots, so for the time being I'm looking forward to flying the OH-58 alone after release (but most def in multiplayer; just alone in the pit is what I mean).

stuff like this makes me miss being deployed, even if it was never so exciting as this

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Agreed.

But I think I meant something slightly different.

I hope they do the best single player/single seat version of the OH-58 that they can, and then expend the module to include multi seat/shared cockpit when the foundation has been made available by ED.

Personally, I have little use for a two-seater that doesn't really work with two human pilots, so for the time being I'm looking forward to flying the OH-58 alone after release (but most def in multiplayer; just alone in the pit is what I mean).

Yeah, I get the sentiment, but really most helo's have a pilot AND gunner/operator for a reason, even if 1 guy can do it all. I find the Gaz M model to really hard to use well for the reason I have to do 2 different jobs at once (fly AND scan for targets AND shoot them). I t would be nice to have sort of simple AI jester like thing for the gunner (shoot at tanks bro, shoot at ADA, or whatever)

Yeah, I get the sentiment, but really most helo's have a pilot AND gunner/operator for a reason, even if 1 guy can do it all. I find the Gaz M model to really hard to use well for the reason I have to do 2 different jobs at once (fly AND scan for targets AND shoot them). I t would be nice to have sort of simple AI jester like thing for the gunner (shoot at tanks bro, shoot at ADA, or whatever)

With the M I tend to shoot static behind a hill, I search the contact (sometimes with help from the GCI), and that way you only care for altitude. Pop up, launch, pop down, I killed 3 AAA with that metod in 1 sortie.

Chinook lover - Rober -

Polychop Simulations OH-58D Kiowa

ED seems to indicate side by side multiplayer is an issue. The Cobra, Hind and Apache lend themselves to a more proven implementation.

For side by side why not just publish the CRM for each position and have control operation limited to each spot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Fusedspine33