Thank You ED for make Viper

blklobo

I always dreaming the Viper for DCS since LOMAC. Finally I have Viper!

ED is my angel.

ED will much much growing and making new history of combat flight simulator.

Anyway many thanks.

I love all of Viper!

나의 SM-G930S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Can't disagree with any of that! :thumbup::D

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Looking forward to the progress on this model as well as the Hornet. :thumbup:

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

• ED Team
Agree! I know it may be a tough time ED, but keep your chin up and stay motivated and positive. There are still a lot of people very happy and appreciative and the unhappy people will come around eventually. Good Job!

Thank you for the kind words. Watching some Youtube videos this morning, it seems much of the heartburn comes from the lack of damage model, external lights, and WIP and skin textures. All these tasks are on a single person and he was unable to complete all these tasks and meet our announced early Autumn release date. So, we could either release without these features complete and get complaints or miss our stated release widow and get complaints. In the end, we went with the former and stand by that. While we of course wanted to and pushed for all of these, it was not in the cards. However, they are all very high priority items to be addressed as soon as possible. In the meantime, we firmly believe that even this early version of the Viper provides a lot of enjoyment and plenty for players to learn and get their heads around.

Thanks

• ED Team
Well, I just hope the next update will allow for some basic AA features like Pitbull/Active/TTG indicators for AIM-120.

But other than that, Viper looks very promising! :)

In fact, those are already in the current version, but need to be tuned.

Thanks

So, we could either release without these features complete and get complaints or miss our stated release widow and get complaints. In the end, we went with the former and stand by that. While we of course wanted to and pushed for all of these, it was not in the cards. However, they are all very high priority items to be addressed as soon as possible.

Thanks

Thank You for opting to release the Viper instead of pushing the date back, those of us who can wait while flying around truly appreciate it! (As well as the hard work the team has and is putting in)

TY!

:smilewink:

@Wags - since we're all in it for the long run, this should be a non-issue, but thanks for sharing these little tidbits for those who tend to forget what early access is and what the limitations are. Rock on!

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

So, we could either release without these features complete and get complaints or miss our stated release widow and get complaints. In the end, we went with the former and stand by that.

Wags, the other, better option would have been for ED to state, and state clearly, that those items were not included in the Viper at the 10/3 release date. Then folks wouldn't have had a legitimate reason to complain.

This lack of communication is a big reason for the complaints, and is quite frankly concerning.

• ED Team
Wags, the other, better option would have been for ED to state, and state clearly, that those items were not included in the Viper at the 10/3 release date. Then folks wouldn't have had a legitimate reason to complain.

This lack of communication is a big reason for the complaints, and is quite frankly concerning.

Fair enough. However, we released many videos and the guide in advance to 10/3 as what you see is what you get.

Thanks

In the meantime, we firmly believe that even this early version of the Viper provides a lot of enjoyment and plenty for players to learn and get their heads around.

Thanks

It does, indeed! :thumbup:

It is a very welcome module for me, and finding myself again in the Viper reminds me of the "good old days" in Falcon 4.0, which I left 5 years ago (for DCS, and by the way I was missing the Viper).

Thanks Mr. Wags for making this possible and for the decision to release it now.

I have now time to dig/work into it again (forgot a few things about this and that), while you are finishing it!

Kind regards

TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Thank You for opting to release the Viper instead of pushing the date back, those of us who can wait while flying around truly appreciate it! (As well as the hard work the team has and is putting in)

TY!

:smilewink:

I second this. While there are quite a few who feel disappointed in the current state of things, a not-inconsiderable group are enjoying the Viper now and know it only goes uphill from here. And yes, I am starting to learn things I want to know at this slow pace now.

So I also stand by Wags' decision, and appreciate it.

Thank you for the kind words. Watching some Youtube videos this morning, it seems much of the heartburn comes from the lack of damage model, external lights, and WIP and skin textures. All these tasks are on a single person and he was unable to complete all these tasks and meet our announced early Autumn release date. So, we could either release without these features complete and get complaints or miss our stated release widow and get complaints. In the end, we went with the former and stand by that. While we of course wanted to and pushed for all of these, it was not in the cards. However, they are all very high priority items to be addressed as soon as possible. In the meantime, we firmly believe that even this early version of the Viper provides a lot of enjoyment and plenty for players to learn and get their heads around.

Thanks

Great decision to keep the Autumn release date :thumbup:

currently learning the systems...

Eye Candy like ext lights , final external model etc.. are ok to be delivered later, now its time to learn systems and procedures ..

Very Happy with my Viper Jet so far :joystick:

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Thanks

Very happy with the Viper overall. And I think it is in an overall better state than the hornet when released in terms of weapons at least. BUT...

My biggest heartburn issue is lack of being able to add/edit waypoints/steerpoints online. Its kind-of a big deal on many servers where you start with 0 or 1 WP. Not sure why it would be hard to add quickly either. :)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I'm really pumped, I like what I've seen so far. I haven't gone this deep since I first got the A10 module a few years back and dedicated my entire 2 week christmas break to learning it!

If the F15E ever comes to fruition, I'll finally have all of my favorite combat sim modules from my childhood represented here. Ok except for the Apache but I don't expect to ever see that one!

Great work so far on the Viper

=============================

i7 5820k | 32GB RAM | Nvidia 2070RTX | 1TB SSD