Dogfight Switch cancel when centered

Drahkken

Requested: Dogfight Mode should cancel (center) when Cougar TQS Dogfight switch moves out of DOGFIGHT or MISSILE OVERRIDE positions. As ThrustMaster didn't make the center position a button press, I am unable to map it within DCS. I'm requesting a Custom Setting to cancel the dogfight mode when the button is no longer pressed.

there are controls under "special for joystick" in the controls tab, which are labeled: "dogfight/center" and "missile/center" and these is what i use on my Cougar throttle. It should help you with yours

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

there are controls under "special for joystick" in the controls tab, which are labeled: "dogfight/center" and "missile/center" and these is what i use on my Cougar throttle. It should help you with yours

Not seeing a "special for joystick" subsection so maybe I'm missing something, but the "throttle grip" section does indeed have "DOGFIGHT/Missile Override Switch - DOGFIGHT/CENTER" and "DOGFIGHT/Missile Override Switch - MISSILE OVERRIDE/CENTER" buttons, but they both require me to press the button again.

I'm requesting that when I move my dogfight switch out of that position, the Sim understands the Cougar is no-longer holding the button press and therefore must be back in center, so DCS would press the Cancel for me.

I'm requesting that when I move my dogfight switch out of that position, the Sim understands the Cougar is no-longer holding the button press and therefore must be back in center, so DCS would press the Cancel for me.

You can do that with a Foxy profile, as it allows you to bind one command for when you Press a Button and another for when you Release it ... the Dogfight switch would look like this on Foxy:

Rem ###################################################
Rem   T7-T8 : Toggle DogFight & Missile Override Modes
Rem ###################################################

BTN T7 /P DOGFIGHT/Missile_Override_Switch-DOGFIGHT 
      /R DOGFIGHT/Missile_Override_Switch-DOGFIGHT/CENTER 
BTN T8 /P DOGFIGHT/Missile_Override_Switch-MISSILE_OVERRIDE 
      /R DOGFIGHT/Missile_Override_Switch-MISSILE_OVERRIDE/CENTER 

You wont be able to do this with DCS alone, as DCS only handles the Press event and not the Release.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

This is already in the sim. Look under "Special for Joystick" in the F-16 Sim controls.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

This is already in the sim. Look under "Special for Joystick" in the F-16 Sim controls.

OK, that sounds great! But I can't find this category...

"Special for Joystick" doesn't show up in the control categories and I can't find it. IAV26Pk.png

Nor does it show up under Stick or Throttle, nor even under the SPECIAL tab itself. Am I missing something obvious or is it hidden somewhere I haven't thought to look?

In the controls menu, make sure you’re in “F-16 Sim“ and then in the box where you can select what category of controls you’re looking at look For “special for joystick”

Below is an image related to the A-10C but it shows you how the different categories of controls works.

attachment.php?attachmentid=86515&d=1377365104

C2A72CE15EAEE55EAB9136D57A0DB1A6F7D96BE9

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Thanks for guidance and images. I tried to link an image from Pasteboard showing that I do NOT HAVE the “special for joystick” category. Maybe this is a bug...

I'll keep looking. Is there an image-host that I can put my screenshot of the category NOT being there?

Just confirm you’re looking in the F-16 Sim controls not “F-16 Game” or “F-16 Easy” I think it’s called, not near my computer to check.

Proud owner of:

Thanks for guidance and images. I tried to link an image from Pasteboard showing that I do NOT HAVE the “special for joystick” category. Maybe this is a bug...

I'll keep looking. Is there an image-host that I can put my screenshot of the category NOT being there?

It's there:

1.jpg.18d8fb599cb06da0caa07a58ba6fa6e6.jpg

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Ok. So I absolutely SWEAR that the Special for Joystick category wasn’t there. I had a screenshot showing it missing and had looked multiple times. Now it’s there and the button works as advertised. Baffled but thankful and happy.

Thanks folks!

• 2 weeks later...

Wish air brake worked same like DOGFIGHT switch (Thrustmaster Cougar) Keeping SPD BRK aft >> extend, and when I release it >> retract. SPD BRK forward >> extend, and back to the center >> retract!

Hardware:

Asus ROG Strix X-570-F | AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Asus GeForce RTX 4090 TUF Gaming | Kingston Fury Renegade DDR4-3600 CL16  64 GB | Corsair HX850i | Samsung SSD 980 PRO 500 GB M.2 | Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 | BenQ LCD BL3201PT | HP Reverb G2  | Loogitech G700s | Loogitech MX Ergo | Winwing F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S | TekCreations F18 Hornet Right Replica Panel | Thrustmaster Hotas Cougar FCC | Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder | SimShaker JetPad |

Software:

Windows 11m Home x64 ver.22H2| SteamVR | VoiceAttack | FPSvr | SimShaker for Aviators Beta ver. 2.6.1.0 |

Wish air brake worked same like DOGFIGHT switch (Thrustmaster Cougar) Keeping SPD BRK aft >> extend, and when I release it >> retract. SPD BRK forward >> extend, and back to the center >> retract!

You would have to program that in software, because the Speed Brake functions correctly, and that is how it is mapped in the game.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Thank You Panther! You are right. It works correctly now. SPD BRK action doesn't pain me any more :clap:

https://www.quora.com/What-do-all-of-the-controls-in-an-F16-fighter-jets-cockpit-do#

"The speed brake switch is also three-position. The middle position does not move the speed brakes. Switch forward closes the speed brakes, and aft opens them. The aft position is momentary only and must be held in."

Hardware:

Asus ROG Strix X-570-F | AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Asus GeForce RTX 4090 TUF Gaming | Kingston Fury Renegade DDR4-3600 CL16  64 GB | Corsair HX850i | Samsung SSD 980 PRO 500 GB M.2 | Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 | BenQ LCD BL3201PT | HP Reverb G2  | Loogitech G700s | Loogitech MX Ergo | Winwing F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S | TekCreations F18 Hornet Right Replica Panel | Thrustmaster Hotas Cougar FCC | Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder | SimShaker JetPad |

Software:

Windows 11m Home x64 ver.22H2| SteamVR | VoiceAttack | FPSvr | SimShaker for Aviators Beta ver. 2.6.1.0 |