F-16C Italian Air Force Livery 5° Stormo 23° Gruppo By PorcoRosso86

PorcoRosso86

This is a provisional livery of the Italian F-16ADF Blk30 of the 5 Stormo, 23 Gruppo based on Cervia Air Base (Ravenna)

From F-16.net

"F-16 History

23 Gruppo was the second of the Italian squadrons to be re-equipped with the F-16. Unlike the other two squadrons – which are based at Trapani-Birgi, which is situated in Sicily – this squadron is based at Cervia AB, which is situated near the Adriatic Sea in the north of Italy. The F-16s replaced the venerable F-104S ASA-M in the interceptor role. The F-16s are leased from the United States for an initial period of 5 years, with an extension period for another 5 years. This extension makes it possible to make a smooth transition to the Eurofighter Typhoon, which is the intended replacement of the F-104 within the AMI.

The F-16s in the squadrons are all ADF version. This was done intentionally because the aircraft only have interception duties. They could be made available by the USAF quickly without having to undergo extensive modification or upgrade programs before becoming operational.

Besides their national QRA duties, the F-16s of 23 Gruppo are also responsible for the aerial defense of Slovenia. This country became a NATO member in 2004 and does not possess any fighter aircraft itself. Therefore Italy took up the responsibility to defend this NATO airspace. This duty is performed from Cervia AB since the flying time from the air force base to Slovenian airspace is short – just passing the Adriatic Sea – and a real deployment to Slovenia itself wasn’t deemed necessary nor economically feasible.

The lease contract for the Italian F-16s is due to end in 2010. With their withdrawal being imminent, 23 Gruppo was disbanded on April 16th, 2010 and all remaining F-16s were centralised at Trapani-Birgi AB."

http://www.f-16.net/units_article349.html

F-16 Italian Air Force, 5° Stormo 23° Gruppo

f-16C%20AMI.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

IndiaFoxtEcho Textures Artist

My DCS liveries on UserFiles page here

Looks awesome as always.

Can you make a worn-out Turkish f16 skin also ?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

That's great. Are those enough or you need more?

28816656680_d22e5951e0_b.jpg

atmaca8.jpg

DjqTxanW4AAmidK.jpg

1797620_914356445275271_5116618524077942139_n.jpg

Edited by ebabil

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 6 months later...

Definitive (I hope!) versione of my Italian 23 Gruppo "Veltri"

- Add new pilot texture

- New canopy color (based from ref pictures)

- New weathering

- New roughmets

- Modified some normals

- New Helmet

- New nozzle texture (based from F100)

- New Visor Texture

- New tyres

- New Gears

and many more...

A big THANKYOU to Stan (Smiley) that provide me some fantastic hq texture made by him

F-16 Italian Air Force, 5 Stormo 23 Gruppo

f-16C%20AMI.jpg

1.jpg

7.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

IndiaFoxtEcho Textures Artist

My DCS liveries on UserFiles page here

I already knew you're so good at skinning, because this is a clear standing for itself fact.

But you did some superlative job this time more than the previous ones.

Hats off to you, mate! And even to soon with the Italian Air Force and Navy F-35s, Harriers, Eurofighters and Tornados (make me happy and my day just on this last, please).

With best compliments and regards.