Thought this was $63 pre-order

joebloggs

I just came to purchase this but now see it's $79.99 when on other sites it says it's $63.99. I take it pre-order means when it is in very early access like now is it not? If not then is there a chance it will go on sale in the near future? Cheers!

The pre-order discount only lasts until the module is available. The modules are full price while in Early Access, with the exception of sales - e.g. the Hornet is still in early access but is also on sale for $80 and only dips to $60 in the seasonal sales. Think they said before the discount ended that the F-16C was unlikely to take part in a sale for at least a year.

The pre-order discount only lasts until the module is available. The modules are full price while in Early Access, with the exception of sales - e.g. the Hornet is still in early access but is also on sale for $80 and only dips to $60 in the seasonal sales. Think they said before the discount ended that the F-16C was unlikely to take part in a sale for at least a year.

Absolutly correct. And this was repeatedly statet by Wags and any newsletter at least weekly since the pre-order was available.:joystick:

You can purchase other modules, gaining ED Miles (replacement for Bonus Ponits) and then use those to make the Viper a bit cheaper... Not less expensiv overall, but maybe a more effective use of money? :smartass:

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

By the time I master the Hornet it will be 5 bucks and my phone will be able to get 100 fps running it! O_o Kidding aside I was kinda head in sand on this one and didn't realize it was even on pre-order until I saw footage show up on YouTube. Kicking myself now...

You should subscribe to ED’s weekly newsletter

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• ED Team

Hi

Sorry you missed out on the pre order price.

We did have it reduced for quite some time.

As mentioned by others subscribe to the newsletter or follow our social media it should give you enough warning in the future.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It's only about $16 USD difference. Not too bad.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]FW190 A8 • MiG 29 • MiG 15bis • MiG 21bis • F-14 Tomcat • AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL DCS: AJS-37 Viggen • Spitfire LF Mk. IX • F-5E Tiger II • M-2000C Mirage • Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst • Fw 190 D-9 Dora • F-86F Sabre • Su-33 • Su-27 • F-15C • Su-25T • A-10A • A-10C • P-51D • Uh-1H Huey • TF-51B

Not to worry, you had me at hello. I'll be back in the states in a few weeks and it's on. Ironically not long ago by happenstance I had the original spiral bound F4 manual in my hands as I was sorting some stuff out in the flight sim pile. I really enjoyed that one...

Hi

Sorry you missed out on the pre order price.

We did have it reduced for quite some time.

As mentioned by others subscribe to the newsletter or follow our social media it should give you enough warning in the future.

thanks

Why are you deflecting? This was obviously a stab a people who would not pre-order things they had no idea the end result would look like. ED clearly made a complete attempt to discredit a release date that was merely a week off to create more ambiguity as to the actual release of the product.

It was stated in the previous weekend news the release date would be announced the following week. And then in the follow weekend news, you make no mention about it at all, instead post the youtube trailer where it states deep in the description the pre-order would end in 24 hours, 24 hours before the news post. :huh:???

Meanwhile people who were waiting to make an informed purchase? "Screw them. How dare they not give us money before we give a release date or release trailer!!"

I'm glad I did not pre-order. I don't support business practices like this. I guess I'm the clown for religiously reading weekend news for over the past year scanning for any mention of the viper.

Was even going to ask for an extension as I was at work when the news post was made, but later thought better of it. Learned my lesson real well. Never again.

Why are you deflecting? This was obviously a stab a people who would not pre-order things they had no idea the end result would look like. ED clearly made a complete attempt to discredit a release date that was merely a week off to create more ambiguity as to the actual release of the product.

It was stated in the previous weekend news the release date would be announced the following week. And then in the follow weekend news, you make no mention about it at all, instead post the youtube trailer where it states deep in the description the pre-order would end in 24 hours, 24 hours before the news post. :huh:???

There was no intended ambiguity about it except perhaps in your mind.

As they missed the release date mentioned on Steam, they stated in the newsletter that the exact date will be announced during the next week, not in the next newsletter. Then there was the exact date announced in the respective F-16C updates thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4054721&postcount=23

I wasn't really following the F-16 updates regularly as I thought I won't buy it on release, but even as such it was pretty clear to me that the release is happening that week and knowing that, I caught sight of the exact release date update the day before and then actually did decide to buy it on the release day.

Meanwhile people who were waiting to make an informed purchase? "Screw them. How dare they not give us money before we give a release date or release trailer!!"

I'm glad I did not pre-order. I don't support business practices like this. I guess I'm the clown for religiously reading weekend news for over the past year scanning for any mention of the viper.

Was even going to ask for an extension as I was at work when the news post was made, but later thought better of it. Learned my lesson real well. Never again.

Man, it's certainly not easy to moderate these forums..

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Man....it's almost like I can see into the future...https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4046398&postcount=3

Even I was a little surprised thou - I think it was less than a weeks notice of release and cancellation of the pre-order window in the end.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Funny...

• First: Angry and inpatient "this all takes too long! OMG! WTF!" people because ED didn't launch the F-16 on the Steam release date (which by ED was clearly stated to be a placeholder date from the first day it went on Steam)
  • Then: Angry "ED is doing everything to screw us and you're all fanboys"people who wait for user reviews and don't want to pre-order stuff (which is their good right), but then moan about having to pay a few bucks more and not get the pre-order bonus

Sometimes it's just impossible to do it right...

Strangely enough, non of these "know-it-alls" start their own profit making digital flightsim company and try to compete with ED. It's a free market, no one is holding you back.. spread your wings and show us you can do it better :thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Wow, this topic has taken a turn for the worst.

It has been a normal procedere for ED to have pre-purchase cheaper than the release price. It was stated numerous times, that the pre-order bonus will be removed when the Viper releases.

They even reactivated the steam pre-order price and announced the exact release date.

If you don't like pre-order / pre-release stuff, dont buy into them. Not sure why you making a fuss out of it.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

Many people do not pre-order before seeing any real information as to what will be available on upon release. And as others have pointed out, 24 hours of warning is completely out of the ordinary for releases.

Dude, we knew five months beforehand what was PLANNED for release, and official updates on what actually WOULD BE through forum posts, fb posts and videos at least TWO WEEKS before release. And you try to frame it as some sort of ninja-move to stop the preorder discount.

What a bizzare point of view.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

• ED Team

Thread moderated, please be nice to each other when posting.

Pre-order is exactly what it says, a chance to pre-order before it reaches the public.

We are now in early access and pre-order has finished.

Thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2