Would you pay for WAFM?

Kula66

Would you pay for WAFM?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay for WAFM?

• Yes - I'd buy it
    • No - not bothered/they should fix it for free.

ED think to make money of everything? IF ED and the Comunity deside that WAFM is wrong and it should be patched, So why should I pay for a game fix???

Is it an addon or new game?

You allready payed! Did you ever payed for any patch of any game??

Its not an addon! its a patch!

ED are a business - they will get no revenue from a patch and have commitments elsewere - DCS.

So would you pay 20 $/Ј/Euro for a patch that just fixed A2A missiles, say 4months from now - seekers and WAFM?

There is a basic principal: “You don’t pay for a patch.”

There is also a difference between a bug that needs a patch and a realism in a sim that was programmed in another way; let say a modification of reality to let say; to improve game play.

(If each 120 or each R77 would hit whatever target within a certain range then …)

Even your super seeker can fail …

There is no scientific proof out there that tells you how much hits a certain missile will have.

If you talk about a certain number of improvements or new features or better realism then you can talk about an add-on or whatever and you can sell it.

If not it is a patch and it must be for free.

This is just my opinion…

But Yes I voted: “Yes – I’d buy it”

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

You said: There is a basic principal: “You don’t pay for a patch.”

Yes and no. However how do you compare modern air combat gaming to the mainstream gaming world? If something is up why note take donations or pay for a patch. When your on the edge of things anything is possible.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

No, I won't pay. If ED made a bug then should patch it. I won't pay for ED's mistakes.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Yikes.

There is not, and there never WAS any form of WAFM ... just WSFM in Lock On.

Therefore, there is nothing to fix. It would be a new development and you should pay for it. Period.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

ED are a business - they will get no revenue from a patch and have commitments elsewere - DCS.

So would you pay 20 $/£/Euro for a patch that just fixed A2A missiles, say 4months from now - seekers and WAFM?

I tried a poll like this years ago:

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=6654

It basically indicated that if you took ALL non-flyable improvements that anybody ever wanted and put them together - people (in general) would still rather pay for a flyable Ka-50 than any of that.

Well, they'll sure get what they asked for! :beer:

-SK

No, they should not. People who run servers volunteer to do so. ED doesn't owe them anything.

If we end up paying for it, I think that the GUYS WHO RUN SERVERS SHOULD GET IT FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ranting:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

There is a basic principal: “You don’t pay for a patch.”

Ummm not true

Every "new" Version of Vidows is a patch that you have to pay for.

Whatever ED does regarding old code should some how be a plus for them.

Meaning if Melton down in the back of the storage room is assigned to work on a patch for anything regarding Lock ON! ED should get paid! Even on Hawaiian Shirt day!:pilotfly: It would be awful if Melton was forced to burned the building down!

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

Ummm not true

Every "new" Version of Vidows is a patch that you have to pay for.

Whatever ED does regarding old code should some how be a plus for them.

Meaning if Melton down in the back of the storage room is assigned to work on a patch for anything regarding Lock ON! ED should get paid! Even on Hawaiian Shirt day!:pilotfly: It would be awful if Melton was forced to burned the building down!

Please don't compare a NEW version of game to PATCH. And it is no true that "Every "new" Version of Vidows is a patch that you have to pay for." - patches are SERVICE PACKS and it is for FREE...

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I definetly wouldn't pay only for missile-fixes - but for a Patch (which could be called something like "LO:FC-Finalizer") which includes almost every requested fix (not new features), I would pay for! ... and I guess a lot of others will also.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

ED downgraded F15 wafm from 1.02 , why would I pay for Ed to put it back to where it should have stayed in the first place.

^^^^there was never WAFM in F-15.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Well, they'll sure get what they asked for! :beer: -SK

Good to see you back SK!

Perhaps best not call it a patch then ... rather LO:Ultimate edition - WAFMs!

I've bitched about missile FM more than most, however I think ED tried to do a good job in LO, it just got broken when they tried to tweak it. Plus, people found the flaws and use those to their advantage. If we want them to invest time it has to make business sense to ED.

How about trialling the WAFM system for DCS in an upgrade to LO in a years time?

But I guess the market would be limited to a few hundred copies to a small number of people like us. No mass market appeal - I can't see 'Please buy it daddy, it'll make missiles work realistically!'

I just don't feel like waiting 5 years to play A2A NATO v Russia again online!! Stalking dumb AI vehicles with few infantly on a relatively poor terrain model in a helicopter just doesn't do it for me. Hit the first vehcile in a column and the rest are like fish in a barrel! .... IMHO, helicopters fit best into a land sim like SteelBeasts with a rich enviroment, good vehicle AI and uber scenario designer - they are basically land vehicles and you must have a super detailed land environment for them to fly over.

Look at it this way...no, the other way. Yeah. Umm. I've paid a lot more for something I rarely use; don't even know where most of them are today. Yes, I would fork out 40 bucks if it will keep this company alive -- at least long enough to get a flyable Harrier or Hornet with AFM. :D

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Please don't compare a NEW version of game to PATCH. And it is no true that "Every "new" Version of Vidows is a patch that you have to pay for." - patches are SERVICE PACKS and it is for FREE...

Okay whatever u say.:thumbup:

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

So was the Advanced Flight Model just a 'patch' to the Simple Flight Model?

I think most of you dont even realize there is currently nothing broke with the weapon model.

It is similar to complaining about Ace Combat, and how its flight model/weapons model/avionics model is broke. Its not, its just not as high fidelity as YOU WISH it was.

Heck, we can even compare LOMAC weapons model to Falcon 4 weapons model. And F4 is supposed to be the best sim out there right? Yet their weapons sensor model sucks just as bad or worse.

Also if people havent realized yet, is an Advanced Weapons Flight Model what you really want? Or an Advanced Weapons Seeker Model?

• Like 2

I don't think we have the slightest chance of getting WAFM for LO. Paid or free, it makes no difference. But we don't need WAFM. All we really need is a patch to correct the problems that were introduced in previous patches. And that's all we can realistically hope for. ED is NOT going to put the time necessary into making missiles completely realistic for LockOn.

I am afraid with the AA-online servers you will end up always with:

A) The big red (Mig29s) versus blue (Mig29s) with versions like 1.12b.

B) The big red (f-15C) versus blue (f-15C) with versions like 1.02.

C) Because all superior fighters are taken you have to choose a sh*t-plane or even worse; a mud-mover.

BTW, What is a MS Vidows? :D

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |