Insane

Hekktor

Usually I am not the guy writing fanboyish articles - but this time I have to make an exclude.

Today my Gunfighter MKII MCG Pro en arrived.

What can I say? I am really impressed because I had never expected such a difference to my former stick which was not bad at all (X52 Pro).

But this thing is a whole new ballpark. I have quite a lot hours in the Huey, the Shark and Gazelle right now this became different. You really can 'think' the airframe where you want it to have.

Absolutely fantastic.

Usually I am not the guy writing fanboyish articles - but this time I have to make an exclude.

Today my Gunfighter MKII MCG Pro en arrived.

What can I say? I am really impressed because I had never expected such a difference to my former stick which was not bad at all (X52 Pro).

But this thing is a whole new ballpark. I have quite a lot hours in the Huey, the Shark and Gazelle right now this became different. You really can 'think' the airframe where you want it to have.

Absolutely fantastic.

:thumbup:

Congrats!

That has been my experience as well with my Mk I Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro grip.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yes it is an outstanding piece of equipment, I can't wait until they release the throttle.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Yes it is an outstanding piece of equipment, I can't wait until they release the throttle.

Looking forward to that as well, as long as it has detents.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Thank you!

Wish you tons of joy in the sky!

Please get registered at our home forum. There is quite a gang of really friendly guys happy to help you out if you need a hand. Also, please do invest some time in learning our software utilities. To many they look formidable in the beginning, but you will really feel a lot better once you get through the basics.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

Yep - love my VKB GF also :thumbup:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 months later...

I'm the same. I've had my MCG Pro MkIII for 2 weeks replacing my trusty X52 Pro. One thing I've never been able to do in DCS was refuelling. First attempt with the MCG I took on 6000 lbs. Every practice since has been successful, with a few disconnects. I always felt the sloppy middle of the X52 was hurting my formation and refuelling flying., but as I have average flying skills, I didn't want to blame the hardware. I was very surprised at the immediate improvement after only a few hours general flying with the MCG. Refuelling is still challenging but I finish each session barrel-rolling the tanker rather than shooting it down in frustration

I'm the same. I've had my MCG Pro MkIII for 2 weeks replacing my trusty X52 Pro. One thing I've never been able to do in DCS was refuelling. First attempt with the MCG I took on 6000 lbs. Every practice since has been successful, with a few disconnects. I always felt the sloppy middle of the X52 was hurting my formation and refuelling flying., but as I have average flying skills, I didn't want to blame the hardware. I was very surprised at the immediate improvement after only a few hours general flying with the MCG. Refuelling is still challenging but I finish each session barrel-rolling the tanker rather than shooting it down in frustration

I'm sure the tanker crews greatly appreciate your investment in VKB hardware. ;)

I've had mine for nearly a week, replacing an aging but still pretty trusty Warthog stick. Still using the WH throttle (still a pretty nice piece of kit), but the Gunfighter MK3 / MCG Pro is so far ahead of the WH stick in terms of precision it's just not funny. I had no idea what I was missing. Mostly fly WWII aircraft in DCS and IL2, and the ability to make fine adjustments when firing on a target almost feels like cheating. It's crazy.

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers