Questions about Stores config switch

IulianUM

Sigh. Okay. That’s not at all what I even said.

And again, you just reiterated what I’ve previously said. Not in the mood to argue semantics.

Jesus, you got to be a damn lawyer to even post on here. A major turn off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You just have to be correct. That is all.

You just have to be correct. That is all.

I learned this the hard way :P

@Eagle7907: Just remember that many here, and especially in this part of the forum, to have firsthand knowledge on the Viper, be it as currently or previosly serving groundcrew or pilots from a variety of current and previous operators of the aircraft. Many of us are also not native english-speakers which can complicate things even more.

As an old crewchief once told me: you're either in accordance to the book, or not at all.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

Questions about Stores config switch

No where did I imply that the jet magically knows, he just assumed that’s what I meant. I was speaking in generality which he either doesn’t understand or just wants to pick a who-knows-it-all contest.

This isn’t the first, and probably won’t be the last unfortunately. Guess I’ll just shut up.

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

No where did I imply that the jet magically knows, he just assumed that’s what I meant. I was speaking in generality which he either doesn’t understand or just wants to pick a who-knows-it-all contest.

This isn’t the first, and probably won’t be the last unfortunately. Guess I’ll just shut up.

I said some people, not meaning to point at you. Trying to explain and clarify things a bit more. The stores config light is still something that confuses pilots every now and then.

Ok, so if the FLCS doesn't limit G's even though it has data about what stores you have, how can I as a pilot know how many G's I can pull with X amount of bombs, Y% fuel in external tanks and so on? Would I need charts and tables for each possible external stores config and look up in a new spot whenever I drop ordnance or use fuel, or is there a standard max G like "just never exceed 5 Gs with any A/G ordnance or external fuel and you'll survive"?

Ok, so if the FLCS doesn't limit G's even though it has data about what stores you have, how can I as a pilot know how many G's I can pull with X amount of bombs, Y% fuel in external tanks and so on? Would I need charts and tables for each possible external stores config and look up in a new spot whenever I drop ordnance or use fuel, or is there a standard max G like "just never exceed 5 Gs with any A/G ordnance or external fuel and you'll survive"?

They have a book for any authorized stores loading. They can see what the MAX G is and what position the Stores config need to be in. Also with lots of stores after a certain fuel stat they may pull more G's.

That book is about 1500 pages thick

Each load configuration has limits in symmetrical load, asymmetrical load, speed, Mach, etc. They can also be different for carriage, jettison, and normal release. You can see why it is said a fully-trained fighter pilot has the equivalent of a PhD education. I think most restrictive limits would be marked on knee board for one or more expected loading states as a reminder.