How to launch.Mavericks and LGBs?

Kenan

After the last update I cant seem to launch Mavs (crossed out) and LGBs ("DUD"). Now, I assume the LGBs are on me doing something wron with the setup, bit I know for a fact I could, previously, launch Mavericks with no issues.

Any help is apreciated..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

I'm still learning myself, so take this with a grain of salt until someone can confirm or deny but if you have the E model maverick? You need to enter the laser code for the seeker head to find. That was my problem one day.

LGB's could be the same thing, are you setting the laser code and the fuses etc in the weapon station screen?

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X#D

64 GB Ram

MSI RTX 4090

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

My bad Kenan, I didn't see you were talking about latest update. I'm sure you know better than me how to set up your mavs and LGBs. Thought it was a new person asking a question, like me. :)

As for the update, I am not having any issues launching mavs.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X#D

64 GB Ram

MSI RTX 4090

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

No problems here.

Make sure on LGBs that:

The M-fuze is off and the E-fuze is INST

a valid lasercode is typed into the pylon

Mavs you select by clicking the MAVF button on the DDI twice.

You can then uncage it like normal, or mark a target with the TGP which will then slave the Mav-seeker to the target. Wait for lock and rifle.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

Mavs you select by clicking the MAVF button on the DDI twice.

You can then uncage it like normal, or mark a target with the TGP which will then slave the Mav-seeker to the target. Wait for lock and rifle.

Ok. this is how I do it:

1. I "designate" the target via TGP (i.e. "box" it)

2. I switch to Mav Display and uncage it

3. I switch back to TGP display and press TMS Up

4. The Mav seeker locks onto the TGP but it is still crossed and won't launch

What am I doing wrong? :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

Ok. this is how I do it:

Are you referring to MAVF?

Try to take a look at this:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305957/?sphrase_id=19857490

You’ll find some basic infos on SMS and Armament setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. this is how I do it:

Are you waiting for the TTMR (Time To Maximum Range) to reach zero by chance?

Also if you have designated a target via the TGP, and already have the maverick selected - it will slew the seeker head to the designated target already - so no need for your step #2.

Your procedure sounds a bit more like an A10C procedure, rather than the F/A-18C procedure (currently).

There is something "bugged" currently as I launch the MavF in the Hornet after the TTMR has reached zero (meaning you are in launch range) but the MAV symbol on the HUD is indeed still crossed out (like a weapon system fault is happening) - but weapon still employs on target.

Last would be - are you depressing the weapon release button or the trigger to launch the Maverick? The latter would be the incorrect command, as it is released via the same command bombs are - weapon release.

Hope something in there works for you.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Are you referring to MAVF?

Try to take a look at this:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305957/?sphrase_id=19857490

You’ll find some basic infos on SMS and Armament setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your work bringing this to the community . I do find it helpful . I did not , however , find anything regarding Mav-F use with the targeting pod .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Thank you for your work bringing this to the community . I do find it helpful . I did not , however , find anything regarding Mav-F use with the targeting pod .

Sorry about that, you where right. Now updated to v1.5 there is on page 2/4 a sort of checklist for that, let me know if it's working or need some correction.

Sorry about that, you where right. Now updated to v1.5 there is on page 2/4 a sort of checklist for that, let me know if it's working or need some correction.

Thanks much !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2