After a week...

macedk

Hi all :)

being very familiar with the f-16 systems, it is a super early release for me.

The F-18 hornet was quite different and the pace from first access, was better as I was not familiar with the hornet.

My 2 cents has confidence that we will have an awesome jet, hopefully soon, If I was marketing this I would aim before x-mas 2019 for most basic systems.

Being familiar with the systems, I'll happily ignore was is not implemented yet, but to the new guy, my fear is that he will have to relearn a lot and get frustrated. They are videos out compensating for lack of features....please don't tinker in core files In my opinion you will do yourself a huge disservice.

It is just a week old and many of us would have liked a better early version, but we got the f-16....(I have waited since I saw the Ka-50). I bought the F-5 just to get a fast western jet due to cravings ;)

To me I get to see more and more that the F-16 is a air to air jet made into a all round jet with a-g capability . And once we get out of the cobwebs, we will get a pilots jet.

So I fly it right now and it is fun and I can't wait to get more.

Finally We a tons of fans, customers and die hard fans, If you need something tested, maybe it is time to ask more of your community, we are many willing to test things if that mean that we get it sooner. :)

Me:

1. you could have custom picture on your visa card for 10 usd ..1 f-16 ? no I had a picture of 3!

2. At an airshow...first f-16 question...can the Danish f-16 carry the 600lbs fuel tank ? (yes btw block 15 mlu for the nerds ;) )

3. Have I sat in the jet ...yes have I worn the helmet + the hmcs helmet yes

4. They did an engine change at the airshow...did I watch for an hour ..yes

5. Do I have 500+ pictures of the f-16 from airshow..I stopped counting... ;)

6. Have I simmed the F-16 since 1998 ..yes when and where ever. (made some best mates that way )

7. I'm I looking for a real ..real f-16 danish patch ..yes and have I asked a real danish pilot to

give it up ..yes :)

8. Am I considering a career as a famous person, bike builder or politician etc, just to get a ride in the real thing .........hehe real cross of non fans gettin' a ride to be honest.

Fan? ..is water wet ? ;) (comon make the solid joke) ;)

Edited by macedk

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The F-18 hornet was quite different and the pace from first access, was better as I was not familiar with the hornet.

We also got the Viper a lot sooner compared to when we got the F-18's first Early Access release after its announcement.

So, there no complaining here about the current state of the Viper's Early Access release since we've got it so much sooner to have fun with. That said, I cannot wait to see it grow into its full capability over the next coming months, :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

We also got the Viper a lot sooner compared to when we got the F-18's first Early Access release after its announcement.

So, there no complaining here about the current state of the Viper's Early Access release since we've got it so much sooner to have fun with. That said, I cannot wait to see it grow into its full capability over the next coming months, :thumbup:

How long did it take the F-18 to get to it's "full capability" after it's early release (when was that)?

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 551.76 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3374 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

• ED Team

Thank you for your support and feedback macedk.

In some ways the Viper release was more complete than the Hornet, and in some ways less. For the release of the Viper we included a much more complete cockpit, targeting pod, helmet mounted sight, AIM-9X and a few other items. However, the Hornet had a damage model, external lights, and a few other items that the Viper did not have. So, it's hard to say that one was more complete than the other at launch.

Thanks

In some ways the Viper release was more complete than the Hornet, and in some ways less. For the release of the Viper we included a much more complete cockpit, targeting pod, helmet mounted sight, AIM-9X and a few other items. However, the Hornet had a damage model, external lights, and a few other items that the Viper did not have. So, it's hard to say that one was more complete than the other at launch.

Thanks

I think this was quite a decent early access release. We have more toys to play with compared to the first Hornet week, the only downside really being the lack of that damage model. But I'm sure that it is pretty much at the top of your priority list. And I can say, after a week I haven't tried most of the features yet at all. Did some flying, strafing runs, rocket delivery, CBU-97 drops, luring out SAMs, tried AAR (couldn't see the F/A indicator light of the tanker so I had no good referencing) and did some high and fast flying. No dogfights yet, no BVR, no radar use, no TGP, no navigation via steerpoints... so there's still plenty to do before I could even get the chance to get bored with the module, and while doing so, new features and bug fixes will keep rolling in constantly salute.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I think this was quite a decent early access release. We have more toys to play with compared to the first Hornet week, the only downside really being the lack of that damage model. But I'm sure that it is pretty much at the top of your priority list. And I can say, after a week I haven't tried most of the features yet at all. Did some flying, strafing runs, rocket delivery, CBU-97 drops, luring out SAMs, tried AAR (couldn't see the F/A indicator light of the tanker so I had no good referencing) and did some high and fast flying. No dogfights yet, no BVR, no radar use, no TGP, no navigation via steerpoints... so there's still plenty to do before I could even get the chance to get bored with the module, and while doing so, new features and bug fixes will keep rolling in constantly salute.png

I wasn't around for the Hornet release I bought it just after the Tomcat was released. As far as the Viper I absolutely love it, a damage model and even a basic IFF and I could fly it for a few months while other systems are truly ironed out without it being a problem for me. As of right now though I don't care, she's a blast it will come when it comes.

:pilotfly:

Edited by SmoglessPanic

I've been enjoying the Viper immensely since launch. Strangely, I'm getting a kick just from free flying IFR in it and doing ILS shots in different weather conditions. Kind of like an airline pilot :) The hornet I spent a lot of time around the carrier but otherwise was VFR.

It's interesting how different planes reward you flying them in different ways.

I've been enjoying the Viper immensely since launch. Strangely, I'm getting a kick just from free flying IFR in it and doing ILS shots in different weather conditions. Kind of like an airline pilot :) The hornet I spent a lot of time around the carrier but otherwise was VFR.

It's interesting how different planes reward you flying them in different ways.

Agreed.

I’ve very much enjoyed learning what the aircraft can currently do, knowing full well that the rest will come later.

I’m just bemused at the amount of noise.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I'm loving the Viper, and am very much looking forward to seeing features being added and little gremlins get fixed over the next few months.

Well done, ED!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Lol. I take it you like the F-16 then Mace :megalol:

Nice post :thumbup:

SD

nahh ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks

I tried to keep it civil, as it is easy to cross arms and start pointing fingers ;)

But I have huge expectations, like most F-14 fans did.

I really hope that down the line (2 weeks from now ;) ), that you will consider different versions, as there might be a business opportunity and we all have different sorties to fly and might require different things.

What I really like is the F-16 can be the A-G plane with the power that the A-10 should have had :). Once A-G ordinance is gone, you have a really good A-A fighter :)

Danish F-16 block 15 mlu did get guns on a Italian flown Eurofighter in training real life

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]