Bombing issues

davebert

I load up some CBU97's and some MK82's and turn on master arm and select air to ground, and for the most part the CBU97's will release (but not always), but even though it cycles to the MK82's they won't release. Can somebody explain the correct way to make this work? The other guys I fly with have the same issue but then after a new plane it works for them most of the time. I tried to switch from CCIP to CCRP once when the second set of bombs (MK82) wouldn't drop and it released one (I only pressed the button once).

Thanks

Edited by davebert

There seems to be some logic that stops bombs from dropping of the CCIP marker is below your HUD - it's telling you if it's below with the short horizontal line above the CCIP marker. As long as the CCIP marker is on the HUD (and the horizontal line is gone), I've not had a problem dropping bombs.

There seems to be some logic that stops bombs from dropping of the CCIP marker is below your HUD - it's telling you if it's below with the short horizontal line above the CCIP marker. As long as the CCIP marker is on the HUD (and the horizontal line is gone), I've not had a problem dropping bombs.

Thanks backspace340, that could very well be it. I will check and see if I can verify. :thumbup:

I appreciate it,

Dave

So guys, the F-16 actually has a feature that’s pretty cool. It’s already been featured in the Harrier as well. If the CCIP pipper would be off the bottom of the HUD it shows a horizontal line somewhere up the fall line. The distance from the horizontal line to the CCIP pipper at the bottom of the HUD denotes how much further below the HUD it actually is... if that makes any sense.

But! In this mode the CCIP pipper actually allows you to designate a target for a instant CCRP release. So if you fly low and you see this line, put the pipper on what you want to hit and then HOLD the pickle button down. What you will get is a CCRP release line which you need to keep your FPM on for the bombs to fall on target. The bombs will release pretty shortly after you started holding the pickle button normally.

It’s extremely useful in certain scenarios.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

So guys, the F-16 actually has a feature that’s pretty cool. It’s already been featured in the Harrier as well. If the CCIP pipper would be off the bottom of the HUD it shows a horizontal line somewhere up the fall line. The distance from the horizontal line to the CCIP pipper at the bottom of the HUD denotes how much further below the HUD it actually is... if that makes any sense.

But! In this mode the CCIP pipper actually allows you to designate a target for a instant CCRP release. So if you fly low and you see this line, put the pipper on what you want to hit and then HOLD the pickle button down. What you will get is a CCRP release line which you need to keep your FPM on for the bombs to fall on target. The bombs will release pretty shortly after you started holding the pickle button normally.

Most excellent info. That is going to take care of that problem when necessary and I learned something new.

Thanks,

DB

That's not just exclusive to the F-16 and Harrier. The A-10C also has this for many years already ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

That's not just exclusive to the F-16 and Harrier. The A-10C also has this for many years already ;)

Yeah.. but you're never going fast enough to actually use it ;)

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.