ENTERING WP WHILE ALIGNING

marques

And the CAP entry is one of the most convenient and tolerant of devices, it's amazing how the design changed to be less convenient in later aircraft.

There's something "Viggen" about it, it's just the Viggen has no CAP drum with friendly words, you have to remember codes.

Amazing how you can see the prevalence of the "digital Keypad" appear in various aircraft over the years as the 1-5 and 6-0 shifted from two rows into 3 centered on the 5.

I'm half expecting an aircraft with the old circular telephone dial to appear...

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Are you guys talking about it from the RIO's perspective?

Does getting Jester to enter it from the front seat cause any issues? I vaguely remember very early after release that things could get a bit messy so I've never really tried it.

Does getting Jester to enter it from the front seat cause any issues? I vaguely remember very early after release that things could get a bit messy so I've never really tried it.

He will automatically enter pre-defined WPs during alignment. I'm not sure though what happens if you tell him to enter manual WPs during alignemt.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The only thing I've found to cause problems is if you jump in the back seat yourself to do anything (align the INS, enter waypoints etc) during startup with Jester disabled. If you enable him again he will immediately switch off WCS and restart the alignment process, regardless of what you did while you were back there. Stupid, but it has been reported and acknowledged.

He will automatically enter pre-defined WPs during alignment. I'm not sure though what happens if you tell him to enter manual WPs during alignemt.

Yup, aware of him entering the mission-defined WPs, just curious if interrupting this process and setting up different WPs would be a big problem. I haven't tested it at all, I might tonight.

The only thing I've found to cause problems is if you jump in the back seat yourself to do anything (align the INS, enter waypoints etc) during startup with Jester disabled. If you enable him again he will immediately switch off WCS and restart the alignment process, regardless of what you did while you were back there. Stupid, but it has been reported and acknowledged.

That's not a huge deal-breaker for me. I'm MP only usually, so I can't jump between seats. Interesting though.