Oil/Gas Rig Attacks

Novan

I've been trying to design a mission to have enemies attack an Oil rig and am having trouble getting them to fire on it.

My original flight was SU-25's carrying a mix of iron bombs and guided missiles set to CAS mode. No combination of payload or way point actions resulted in them firing.

I added a second flight of SU-24M with iron bombs set to ground attack and they successfully started dropping bombs on the rig even though the unit was not specified as the target. Even after taking 12 direct hits the rig was not destroyed, but each hit did show up in the mission debriefing. I ran that mission multiple times and it did the same thing each time.

I went back to the SU-25's gave them the exact same settings and payload and they would not attack the rig. I changed them to SU-24M and they still would not attack the rig.

I deleted both flights, recreated them and now none of them attack the rig.

Does anyone know how I can consistently get aircraft to attack Oil/Gas rigs? Also they appear to lack a damage model making them indestructible, is that correct?

Novan said:

Does anyone know how I can consistently get aircraft to attack Oil/Gas rigs? Also they appear to lack a damage model making them indestructible, is that correct?

Use the Ground Attck task. Select the Advanced WP action as bombing (I set the number used to ALL) and place the targeting triangle on the oil rig. And, yes, oil rigs are destructible...or this one is...:

Sample attached.

AI Bombing Oil Rig.miz

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Use the Ground Attck task. Select the Advanced WP action as bombing (I set the number used to ALL) and place the targeting triangle on the oil rig. And, yes, oil rigs are destructible...or this one is...:

Sample attached.

Thanks, changing the quantity did it and now it also works with more than just bombs.

I never got the same graphic as in your video for a destroyed rig, but the mission summary did show the rig as "dead" after about a 20 hits.

Thanks, changing the quantity did it and now it also works with more than just bombs.

That’s great. :) Thanks for coming back and letting us know.

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

That’s great. :) Thanks for coming back and letting us know.

Something else to keep in mind, there are two different oil rigs, there is one under Structures which appears the be the one that can be destroyed in game and there are the ones under Sea Shelf Objects which will show up as dead, but have no damage model.

Something else to keep in mind, there are two different oil rigs, there is one under Structures which appears the be the one that can be destroyed in game and there are the ones under Sea Shelf Objects which will show up as dead, but have no damage model.

Ahhh. Then the default rigs off Sochi’s coast—one of which is destroyed in the video—is probably the former.

_____