information about ports and protocols used for DCS world

DCS uses outgoing connections to

HTTP http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com:80

HTTPS http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com:443

XMPP master.eagle.ru:5222

For multiplayer game traffic DCS uses both TCP and UDP on port 10308

webgui_port = 8088

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 year later...

HI Newy, can you please confirm something for me

For Voice TCP and UDP on port 10309

the 10309 Voice port ,  is it hard coded at 10309? or is it derived from the main server port + 1

eg I run a server on port 10310 , then the VOIP would be 10311 ?

just curious to know

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

Does anyone have a problem where my server is visible to some of my friends, but not all?

They are form all over the Europe and it seems random who can see it and who doesn't.

They also tried via IP, but they got Server offline message while the rest of us were online flying.

They all could see my server when I was using the same computer where I have DCS installed.

I'm now using an extra PC for that purpose and, like I said, it is only visible to some.

My ports settings are these:

Screenshot (45).png

Edited by Branimir76

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2021 at 10:44 PM, Branimir76 said:

Hi!

Does anyone have a problem where my server is visible to some of my friends, but not all?

They are form all over the Europe and it seems random who can see it and who doesn't.

They also tried via IP, but they got Server offline message while the rest of us were online flying.

They all could see my server when I was using the same computer where I have DCS installed.

I'm now using an extra PC for that purpose and, like I said, it is only visible to some.

My ports settings are these:

Screenshot (45).png

Same here, but few months no VC working anymore. Tried slow repair and even contacting support, not clear at all why it's not working anymore. Tried installing SRS, no probs at all instead..

• 2 months later...

Re-posting

HI @BIGNEWY , can you please confirm something for me

For Voice TCP and UDP on port 10309

the 10309 Voice port ,  is it hard coded at 10309? or is it derived from the main server port + 1

just curious to know

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

• ED Team
18 minutes ago, HC_Official said:

just curious to know

Hi, 

it is possible to change it 

for server hosters ONLY. Voice chat system use port 10309. Routers with upnp option will translate that port automatically (tested) as soon as DCS server launched. But some routers can't do it due to unknown reason. In case of your clients doesn't hear one another (and even doesn't see one another in VC panel) just manually translate that port for both TCP+UDP protocols.

for hosters: to change VC port add line

webrtc_port=XXXXX

into 'Saved Games\%DCS_SERVER_HOME_FOLDER%\Config\autoexec.cfg

Thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

@BIGNEWYI just realized a problem I might have created, but has gone undetected since I don't use voice chat.  If you are running multiple instances of the server on the same computer, do you need to assign a unique port for each instances for VC?    Or each instance of the server attempt to share port 10309?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

• 1 year later...
On 8/23/2023 at 4:25 PM, OzDeaDMeaT said:

Almost 2 years on, has anyone actually gotten clarity if the Voice Port is the same for all instances of DCS running on a server?

I don't remember from what exact build, but Voice Chat now relies on the same port as the main DCS netcode as far as I know, and trying to modify the voicechat port from autoexec.cfg doesn't make any change actually.

You can safely run multiple instance on the same machine, just changing the main DCS port.
EDIT:
11 Nov,23
main DCS port and webgui port to have control over it with web gui 😉

Edited by Maverick87Shaka
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

• 2 months later...
On 10/10/2019 at 1:39 PM, BIGNEWY said:

webgui_port = 8088

My dedicated server ignores this in the autoexec.cfg and starts up with 8088 even if I specify 8089. Confirmed with netcat that port 8088 is open and 8089 is closed. 

Any ideas?

Edited by RogueRunner

With the price of ammunition these days do not expect a warning shot.

On 11/4/2023 at 7:03 PM, RogueRunner said:

My dedicated server ignores this in the autoexec.cfg and starts up with 8088 even if I specify 8089. Confirmed with netcat that port 8088 is open and 8089 is closed. 

Any ideas?

Tested with old dedicated server, a full client running in server mode, and the new modular server, it works fine for me.
What you can do:

• make sure the file is named autoexec.cfg, and not something like autoexec.cfg.txt (windows by default hide file extension for known files type)
    I personally recommend to enable shown of file extension even for well known file format on a server machine. Is one of the first thing that I do even on work when joining a new server or a server for the first time.
  • Verify port 8089 is not already occupied by another process. ( it's strange that should not revert to default, simply webgui dosn't work )
  • Make sure if you're running multiple instances, that the file is inside the correct server folder ( -w server01 => C:\Users\<runningusername>\Saved Games\server01\config\autoexec.cfg )
  • Use notepad++ or any decent editor, to make sure you don't have any un-needed white-space or/and special characters that embedded notepad loves to skip/hide/place.
  • ....and.....I'm running out of ideas 😄 start from these and we'll see next 😉

image.png

Edited by Maverick87Shaka

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

• ED Team

updated first post. 

10309 is no longer used for voice chat. All MP traffic uses 10308 if you are using the default port. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2