"Debridging the River Inguri" Mission

pdmarsh

This post is mainly directed at the folks at Heatblur, but any comments are welcome, of course.

I am curious about some aspects of the subject mission. Given the many tasks that must be completed to gain overall mission success, I have been attempting to modify it in such a way that I can recreate the damage done in any given session before starting a new session later on. To that end I have been trying to use the explosion feature within Mission Editor to destroy individual bridge spans. For example, Bridge 3 appears to have five spans that must be destroyed. In the scoring, this is indicated as "A A A A A." I have manually bombed the hell out of that bridge and no matter where I place the explosion trigger zones, and no matter how many, the best I can achieve is "A D D D A." It appears the damage model for the bridge only actually accommodates three spans no matter what, and the very ends of the bridge can't be destroyed.

So, two questions: First, what must be destroyed to accomplish "D D D D D" at Bridge 3 (and presumably all of the other bridges)? Second, can regular folks like me get access to seeing individual bridge spans in Mission Editor, or does that require intimate programming knowledge?

Thanks,

Paul