Hornet Development - Today's OB Update - whats your thoughts?

Hawkeye_UK

I've just noticed that you have included on the weekend news - perhaps worth posting on here - finally some substance on the update. Better!

Edited by Hawkeye_UK

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Thank you very much for telling us the next plan!

In today's weekend news, I'm very happy to have the latest arrangements for the next development plan! PB mode, JSOWW/JDAM further improved, aiming pod further improved, ACLS landing. Since September 21, there has been no mini-update for a long time. To be honest, in many cases, I just want to get new information. I'm willing to wait. Thank you very much for the new news from ED! Thank you very much.:thumbup:

Now you have the information what are you going to do with it? What have you achieved? Can you sleep better now?

Way to go Negative Nancy in response to someone who simply expressed gratitude towards an attempt of better communication from the developer. I bet you’re fun at a party.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I very much appreciate the EA model. Am in general happy with the Viper and how they plan to address things and excited about the roadmap of upcoming updates that should get to us soon!

But....How did they not fix the F-18 Striper pole???? Seriously! That is just crazy!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

I just do not understand that obsession with awaiting xyz product.

Maybe do a user can start doing some pre-study on what said system(s) are, how they function, what the purpose and usage of said system(s)? Maybe so they can align their hopes with the implementation path of incoming additions to a module? Maybe they have their own reasons, in which case it really doesn’t matter how you feel about it? Possibly the .02 could just remain in your pocket?

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

no its just an unhealthy addiction to a vicarious sense of accomplishment

Says one person. Another says differently. Good thing is - someone’s “unhealthy addiction” has zero impact on you in binary form. Only when you choose to interact, does it become “unhealthy” for you. Choice is yours. Lot of NN’s in this community. Many have requested more communication from the dev’s - if you don’t want it - feel free to avoid such threads and posts. You’re simply wasting your own time.

Cheers,

Don

Radar bricks have been fixed apparently. It’s not written in the changelog though.

That's good news. I haven't had the chance to check yet.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Guys, we have to revise the way we purchase. I will never pre-purchase again. This is the only way to apply pressure to ED in order to produce reasonably complete modules.

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

All topics about the F-18 update are closing. They send us to an the news letter.

Dear Mr. BIGNEWY, as a customer I am more interested in the results than the information letter, which contains information on what you want to do now.

Unfortunately, I am not comforted by the Weekend news, because the effects are not very visible.

Edited by padonis

They 'fixed' the bypass G-limiter, horrible, the 1 thing that kept us on par with the FC3 toy jets (less blackout though I just noticed).

Plz. anyone posts how the TWS steps to the next target.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

I just do not understand that obsession with awaiting xyz product.

A lot can be inferred from your attitude and signature... however, among the main complaints ED gets is communication (or lack of), and they have done several things in the last couple weeks to address this.

As far as waiting on features... do you even play? With EA products we knowingly buy something we know is incomplete, but of course we look forward to implementation of functions that more accurately model the aircraft.

Whether most posters here realize it or not, the f/a-18 is a fraction of its combat ability, both A/A and A/G. A/A is more complete, yet currently sits at maybe 20% complete/lethal. TWS is as necessary to modern fighters as wings, but no scan bias/centering, bump acq and RTS, no undesignate button functionality (I.e. stepping L&S, swap l&s/dt2), no az/el, no spotlight, raid, exp modes, default settings, etc. As someone who enjoys flying the module, why would I not look forward to the implementation of these features?

I mean really dude, refraining from personal attacks here... I look forward to my gf getting back when she’s picking up takeout, what’s not to understand about looking forward to more accurate sim?

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

Guys, we have to revise the way we purchase. I will never pre-purchase again. This is the only way to apply pressure to ED in order to produce reasonably complete modules.

Unfortunately, probably the only way things will ever change :(

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/64/58/ea6458e2d324aa68f5ac76922536c033.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

Certain (a) mod can at times have an attitude or cynicism I don’t agree with, perhaps consider some attribution else ppl might think you’re the same way

Or not. Regardless, hopefully my post explained why people look forward to things... whether they be radar functions or Chinese takeout

So, are we ever getting the promised ATFLIR and A/G radar modes or no?

Jesus dude... almost deserves the two weeks response, but I’m in a good mood today. Neither feature is “close.” AG radar is likely to be a trickle of features, like AA, with modes that rely on drawing geometry at long distances (SAR & DBS Modes) likely next year (from what I’ve heard). No idea on atflir, but litening II atp irl on a cold clear day can discriminate infantry weapons and read license plates at belong jet noice ranges (~20nm slant range), until the game engine can match that performance, other than loadout options, I’m not sure what we gain from it. I don’t think we are getting auto-track of moving objects, multiple target designations, or most of the more advanced datalink from real pod given how other things in game are handled. AA slave is cool but more of a toy than tactically relevant.

Edited by sk000tch

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

I look forward to my gf getting back when she’s picking up takeout, what’s not to understand about looking forward to more accurate sim?

it's one thing to look forward to your takeout food but it's another to constantly require your gf to post an update that she's coming back with the food every 2 minutes

we know the fa-18 updates are coming. they have to come because it is literally The Product.

if youre a person that needs constant reassurance, that is a personal problem, not ed's problem.

All topics about the F-18 update are closing. They send us to an the news letter.

Dear Mr. BIGNEWY, as a customer I am more interested in the results than the information letter, which contains information on what you want to do now.

Unfortunately, I am not comforted by the Weekend news, because the effects are not very visible.

Agree with that. And remember, wags always said « everything is subject to change » So i am not reassured too. I hope to see some change in game in few weeks and perhaps all this stuff before end of the year

Keep in mind that you save 15 $ for every early access you buy. 2 $ is the average monthly salary in North Korea. So there is a lot to of money to be saved!

Supreme leader

The listed of updates they provided are all items they said they where working on for some time now, that's not new. The problem is when will we start seeing some of them, it's be awhile for the Hornet. Now the wait continues....

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.