[CORRECT AS IS] VIACOM PRO and PTT

bradleyjs

The F-16C has three (3) radios, but only two (2) are mostly used. In the latest version of VIACOM PRO the PTT only allows for one (1) TX versus the other two (2) that are missing thus only allowing communication over that single TX.

Does anyone know if this is just an Early Access issue or is the VIACOM tool not properly coded to support this new module?

Both the A-10C ad F/A-18C have several TX’s to use, so there’s no issue with those modules.

What do you guys think? :huh:

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

It shows only one radio (UHF I think), but both the UHF and the VHF radios are usable just fine. VHF is radio 1 and UHF is radio 2 in VAICOM. I use the same profile that I use for the F-18 and it works fine. I also have the same buttons assigned to radio keybinds in DCS with no issues.

Also, which one is the 3rd radio? Are you referring to the intercom?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

It shows only one radio (UHF I think), but both the UHF and the VHF radios are usable just fine. VHF is radio 1 and UHF is radio 2 in VAICOM. I use the same profile that I use for the F-18 and it works fine. I also have the same buttons assigned to radio keybinds in DCS with no issues.

Also, which one is the 3rd radio? Are you referring to the intercom?

A UHF, similar to the one in the A-10C, and is located in the middle of the Left Console.

I use the same key bindings for all modules; which makes it easier to remember. I will have to investigate the profile that you just mentioned. I’m also probably going to have to review the LUA code to see if anything is glaringly wrong.

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

A UHF, similar to the one in the A-10C, and is located in the middle of the Left Console.

I thought this was just the UHF radio manual panel. I think it's for when you don't control it from the DED.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-

I thought this was just the UHF radio manual panel. I think it's for when you don't control it from the DED.

This is correct. There is a knob to change it between backup mode, UHF panel, and UFC or DED. At least I think it was labeled as UFC.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

At least I think it was labeled as UFC.

ICP in the Viper, UFC in the Hornet. Gotta love different names for the same thing.

-

ICP in the Viper, UFC in the Hornet. Gotta love different names for the same thing.

Right, but I believe the actual verbiage on the knob is UFC.

The F-16C Upfront Control (UFC) is control through the Integrated Control Panel (ICP)

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I think Wags explains the UHF radio in Startup or the Orientation vids. Also, I might have heard it from the Grim Reapers vids when I get some time later today, I’ll see if I can find it in the EA Manual and the F-16C’s Dash-1 (I found a legit copy of the Dash-1 online a couple of days ago).

But in the long run, the bottom line is, it’s modeled in the sim. So, in the mean time, let’s spread our wings and Fly! :pilotfly:

Edited by bradleyjs
Typo

According to the Dash-1, its just a UHF Backup Control Panel. I guess I just misunderstood its purpose.

You need to update VAICOM. Version 2.5.12 does not support the viper and thinks you are sitting in the F-5. Use version 2.5.12.1

i5-2400 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You need to update VAICOM. Version 2.5.12 does not support the viper and thinks you are sitting in the F-5. Use version 2.5.12.1

I posted this in another thread - I will post here for clarity:

I tested this extensively late last night and I can get it work but NOT like it's designed to - the UI Sounds, beeps, blip, click, thud and flat beep sounds are missing.

Page 15 from the VIACOM manual:

• Confirmation (beep)

• Awaiting additional input (blip)

• Recipient not available (click)

• Error (thud)

• Ambiguous (flat beep)

And, of course, it shows as disabled. This is not normal behavior and I'm hoping that the developer can address this issue and then provid a Hotfix.

I forgot to mention earlier that I have the latest version of VIACOM Pro - 2.5.12.1 and also I'm running the latest (as of late yesterday) the newest Beta of VoiceAttack.

Also, just for pure troubleshooting purposes, I disabled (not loading) any of the AIRIO plug-in LUAs. The behavior is the same; no change. Plus, I have Debug on as well.

I use TX2(UHF) for COM1 (also Backup-Radio) and TX1(VHF AM) for COM2. Works without problems, using the latest beta of Voice Attack and VAICOM PRO 2.5.12.1

I use that same configuration and get it work but TX1 is not showing visually that it’s available for use. If you open and display the PTT tab while using the F-16C module, is TX2 NOT disabled and has white text, while TX1 looks disabled and when used does have the familiar beep UI Sounds denoting hardware availability.

In the pic note that TX1 is disabled, but it does T/R voice and is missing the UI beeps..

4B01D289-5713-4BE3-BC01-E0A0FEF847A8.jpeg.93535480b2239134362f7e980d875845.jpeg

[CORRECT AS IS] VIACOM PRO and PTT

So, just to be clear, the semi-functioning TX1 PTT is working as designed? If so, how come no other aircraft module (F/A-18C, A-10C, F-14B) that I have exhibits this behavior. I.e. if the radio is not broken or disabled it shows up in the PTT dialog as "good" and the UI Sounds (beeps, clicks, thud, etc) work appropriately. In my situation, only the TX1 [VHF] radio shows and sounds unusable; but somehow it T/R my requests "almost" all the time; it has been a bit quarky.

It is my belief, at this point, that there's something wrong with either the F-16C module and/or VAICOM PRO latest version. And, I fully understand that this module is EA and I have no issues if it is a bit buggy. Hey, we pay to be public beta testers and we/I love it! This is why I'm adamant about this possible issue.

Here's a thread [https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=198297&page=315] that is a more in-depth discussion with others having the same issue.

Again, I just want to be clear and this is considered "normal" behavior but only for the F-16C module. You are the SME's and I will take your word for it.

Thanks

Edited by bradleyjs
Typo

Oh yes ...to me the screen's will always be a MFD (multi function display) 3 different names for the hornet viper and warthog ;)

But desk jockeys were involved in the naming and marketing is my guess :) ...."we don't have a mfd but a mfcd" (multi function color display) hehehhe

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]