144hz monitor or 60hz

i am running dcs for years on 60hz with a solid 60fps over each area on the maps.......i have noticed that 60fps is needed to get fluid motion.....from the moment it drops or goes higher than 60fps ....stutter occurs.....i tried 75hz but could not hold 75fps all the time....

now i saw an offer for a 144hz monitor 1080p 32inch and was asking myself.....wil the game run 60fps on this solid or goes it up to 144fps with drops and rising fps?.......and if it runs on 60fps do i have then any advantage of buying the 144hz monitor?......i am a bit lost in what to expect?

(english not my native language)

thanks for any advise and help

i am not using trackir.......

Any other headtracker? If yes, check the refresh rate. If not, get one instead of the new monitor. ;)

If you rather play without a headtracker and if this monitor and your grafics card support some kind of adaptive vsync (e.g. Nvidia G-Sync) you could give that monitor a try. If not, I wouldn't buy it.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Respectfully, I have a 144hz monitor and used it with a TrackIR 4 for 2+ years now. I've never had any issues with either in any of the air combat sims I fly (DCS, IL2 Great Battles, IL2 Cliffs of Dover Blitz, Rise of Flight), and my framerates in both are always well over 100fps or even higher.

Respectfully, I have a 144hz monitor and used it with a TrackIR 4 for 2+ years now. I've never had any issues with either in any of the air combat sims I fly (DCS, IL2 Great Battles, IL2 Cliffs of Dover Blitz, Rise of Flight), and my framerates in both are always well over 100fps or even higher.

With or without adaptive vsync? Using TrackIr without vsync causes massive screen tearing for me.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.