BDU-33 practice bomb smoke issues

Richard Rodgers

Hi guys,

The issue with the BDU-33 is that in the real world on a firing range these small practice bombs emit a small amount of smoke on ground impact that lasts for approx 10 seconds. This burn time is purely for position identification so that an exact impact point can be found by triangulation from two spotting towers.

However, in DCS, the smoke from a single bomb lasts for 5 minutes or so and has enough smoke volume to obscure the target area making it impossible to carry out another run until the smoke has subsided.

Is there any way this could be toned down so that A)not such intense smoke and B) only lasts for say 20 seconds max.

If you are not able to code this as I guess it would be a really low priority, could you point me at the appropriate lua file that needs editing and what part of said file to edit.

Thanks

Richard

• 4 weeks later...

Richard you can modify the weapons database to change the way the bombs perform. The problem is that this means that any server that checks for cheats etc picks up that the database has changed and bars you from them.

I am looking at whether the weapons data can be modified in a mission when the aircraft is spawned or the weapon released.