Mission Editor Top User Requested Features

NineLine

Better visualization indicators of stacked waypoints where waypoints are almost or exactly on top of each other and ability to hit some kind of a hotkey that separates them, the ones that fit into a predetermined "close enoguh"criteria could be visually separated with the indications appropriate indicating this is in effect, and for safety to not get confused it should only be HOLD down action, IMO.

----------------------

----------------------

Ability to filter various ME item indicators, such as waypoints, units, on a height basis where applicable, so a filter of 1000 meters would only show units and their waypoints that are at or below 1000 meters, in cases where one unit group's path crosses this limit: the preceeding and succeeding waypoints would show a short arrow indicating direction to their neighbour waypoint that is hidden, for the preceeding waypoint it would show an outward arrow that extends a few centimenters on the monitor screen, not the full length, pointing to where the hidden (filtered) waypoint is, and vice versa for the succeeding waypoint that passed the filter,

Perhaps a number could be added in () parenthesis at the preceeding and succeeding waypoints that pass the filter, how many hidden waypoints are there. In a way that this number doesn't confuse with the ID number of the waypoint so I'm not so sure about this.

DGOeUCv.png

----------------------

----------------------

Ability to clone/duplicate units while keeping their waypoints location (clamp to source) except the waypoint of the actual unit spawn location.

This could be part of an advanced paste/duplicate options menu, where you could select this option and additionally you would have 3 textboxes where you could enter numerical offset for the waypoints for X Y and Z, with the unit's spawn location waypoint ofcourse being exempt from this adjustment. So you would have the ability to adjust this very slightly than it is possible with mouse by moving things around. The X and Y may be redundant so perhaps an option for fine movement could be added to the normal duplicate method instead. However the heigh adjustment for all waypoints that are being copied is very much welcome, something that I think can't be done now (multiselect?)

Sometimes I've wanted this for particular cases when I want units to go in a particular path in a very narrow river channel or valley, the unit collision is not an issue when the speed and initial start location is adjusted but yes it is more prone to such occurences, a skilled map maker will make sure this is avoided nontheless.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

3D editor for better and precise object placement, so we can make more immersive missions placing objects without struggling and wasting days doing that.

This is needed especially with new AG capabilities of our birds (both planes and upcoming choppers)

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 8700K @ 4.9 ghz, SSD 850 evo, MSI Z370 Gaming Pro, GTX 1080Ti, F/A-18C in the garage, F-16C in the backyard, F-14B in the garden

8 minutes ago, Simon1279 said:

3D editor for better and precise object placement, so we can make more immersive missions placing objects without struggling and wasting days doing that.

This is needed especially with new AG capabilities of our birds (both planes and upcoming choppers)

Have you tried the satellite camera mode? You get a top down image of the units and buildings, ground texture and trees trunks etc. With it you can accurately place units as wanted. 

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

18 hours ago, Worrazen said:

DGOeUCv.pngAbility to clone/duplicate units while keeping their waypoints location (clamp to source) except the waypoint of the actual unit spawn location.

That is easy to do already. Copy-Paste unit to it original position and then move unit to elsewhere.

But such could be done with copy mode as Ctrl+Shift+C or Ctrl+Alt+C.

(Picture shouldn't be quoted but this editor doesn't allow remove it from quote)

18 hours ago, Worrazen said:

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

^^ Yeah, nevermind, I checked, and you can copy+paste directly on top so I guess it's fine, I kept remembering years back it would offset or I simply never tried it with direct intention, must have been mistaken there.

A 3D Editor is obviously the holy grail, it would allow to display accurate 3D areas of influence, spheres and odd shapes, for fuel trucks and things that only affect ground units you would still rather show those radiuses in 2D, to convey it's not affecting air, for radars, launchers, you could have an accurate radius of maximum and minimum detection and engagement ranges for example, I just can't think of what's the proper name for this, think of it as a transparent and ofcourse non-colliding shape around the unit strictly for visualizing this which has no gameplay purpose and is hidden otherwise ofcourse.

Unfortunately many dynamic factors can affect the actual ranges in-game so this would be the absolute maximum/minimum in theory, however if a more advanced type of this is developed to simulate how the ranges (shapes) would change under the in-game conditions that would prove a lot more useful to map makers who really want to place and create a specific scenario and this would be very helpful in tight spaces where there is a valley run and the map designer needs to be very precise where to place SAMs and AA's so they work the intended way, so that the mission difficulty could be more tightly controlled, hard but still doable where you have only a few meters to spare from the enemy unit detecting you and the tree line below for example, this pre-simulation would save time because you wouldn't need to do trial-and-error playing the mission so much.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Il 26/3/2021 at 08:20, Fri13 ha scritto:

Have you tried the satellite camera mode? You get a top down image of the units and buildings, ground texture and trees trunks etc. With it you can accurately place units as wanted. 

I'll be trying ASAP, thank you very much for the tip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 8700K @ 4.9 ghz, SSD 850 evo, MSI Z370 Gaming Pro, GTX 1080Ti, F/A-18C in the garage, F-16C in the backyard, F-14B in the garden

Perhaps Undo-Redo function with large number of steps. And ability for unit to move in random-walk mode in designated radius. To avoid these very big numbers of waypoints even for a single soldier. Random walk in Radius of "600ft", for example. This would make infantry moving more naturally around target area, now they usually stick in place, because noone wants to draw overlapping circles with path of hundreds of waypoints.

• Like 4

...10 years with dcs...

• 2 weeks later...

Easy way point looping of vehicles (sea, ground air). There's a complicated way to do it I've not explored. I asked and got reply.

I've used ME minimally (seriously I've hardly used it at all) and I missed that functionality. Point being, seems a very useful  functionality that should be easy.

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Wind story,

When I land on runway 09, I have a heading of 90, so the wind is coming from the 90.

So why in dcs are you working with the wind destination?
while we pilots work with the source of the wind

Example, if my aircraft carrier is heading towards heading 360, in dcs I must display in the weather forecast a wind of 180.

In the reality of a real aircraft carrier heading for heading 360, the wind must be coming from 360.

Would you like to fix this problem please thank you.

Commentaire additionnel
problem with the wind

Привет,

История ветра,

Когда я приземляюсь на ВПП 09, у меня курс 90, так что ветер дует с 90.

Так почему же в DC вы работаете с направлением ветра?
пока мы, пилоты, работаем с источником ветра

Например, если мой авианосец движется по курсу 360, в прогнозе погоды я должен отображать ветер 180 °.

В действительности, когда настоящий авианосец движется по курсу 360, ветер должен дуть с 360 °.

Хотели бы вы решить эту проблему, пожалуйста, спасибо.

проблема с ветром

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2021 at 7:03 PM, questions_au_parlement2 said:

So why in dcs are you working with the wind destination?
while we pilots work with the source of the wind

Because in Russia, and I guess other places, they use the wind information not with the heading the wind is coming from, but the one it's going to. Even in aviation how you give or receive information is not a World standard at all.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been done before.  The ability to sit in each aircraft so that you can help people learn as they are flying and see what they are doing...  also when using playback to get a better view without using multiple tracks.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mell said:

Sorry if this has been done before.  The ability to sit in each aircraft so that you can help people learn as they are flying and see what they are doing...  also when using playback to get a better view without using multiple tracks.

This is a top requested features for the Misison Editor, not the game in general. From 2019.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 3 weeks later...

Info Text for the Weapons.

(For what they are used, whats better about this variant etc)

So you dont have to google it 😄

• Like 2

Ryzen 3600x | GTX 1080 | 500 GB SSD | 1TB M.2 SSD | Track IR 5 | Basic Hotas | B450 Tomahawk Mainboard | 

5 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Agree! All common Windows commands should be implemented. emoji4.png

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Would be pretty handy, have needed it quite a few times. I wish it were possible to set up operating trains again to.

• Like 1

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

Kneeboard editor. I really can't believe this is missing. Little while ago ED brought in a brilliant little command to pull up a window of all co-ordinate types at where ever the mouse pointer was. But no where to save these to!

Please ED... as a super quick (hopefully) option can you make it so the briefing box appears on its own kneeboard page. As I can't punch in co-ordinates from the esc menu. 

Edited by Hoirtel
  • Like 4

I am not sure if it was not already requested but:

- 3D trigger zones (spheres, cylinders, cuboids) with possibility to modify their radius/height and be able to define their lower and upper altitude. For example, cuboid starting at 1000ft up to 10000ft (AMSL or AGL) or sphere with radius of 20nm with its center at 0ft AGL.

• Like 3