Mission Editor Top User Requested Features

NineLine

16 hours ago, Nealius said:

Oh yes, templates. Making templates for each map is infuriating. We should be able to just click a region on any map, select "import template," and the template gets dropped where we click. 

Can't you do that already with the Templates button?

53 minutes ago, King39 said:

Templates are tied to the map you created it on.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 3/1/2022 at 2:49 PM, JTFF - Raph said:

DTC for all aircraft in M.E. or at start menu (first autocompletion in the mission editor depending on mission and environment) + personal DTC profiles per category

+1

This would be the greatest QOL improvement for all players, not just for those of us who use the ME.  Excellent recommendation JTFF-Raph. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

On 3/2/2022 at 3:31 PM, Nealius said:

Oh yes, templates. Making templates for each map is infuriating. 

Yes, it is, but once you make a template, it is there for you to start a new mission whenever you like and use over and over again,

so at least for me, it is worth the effort and the time it takes.

To make a template

1 - Click start new mission. Select map and coalitions

2 - Place objects and assets wherever you like.

3 - Go to:  Edit/Save as Static Template/Name it and save.

To use them, go to Edit/Open Static Template and build your mission. All of your previous hard work such as

parked aircraft, airfield and deck equipment will already be there. Do not re-save as a template unless you want to edit it.

Simply save as a new mission. Templates are map specific. You can't use one on Caucasus that you made on Persian Gulf for example.

While it is called a static template, you don't have to only use static objects. You can include AI flights and other assets you want to fly.

You can also use .lua scripts such as "Random Air Traffic" as well. Whatever you save as a template will stay as a template.

On 3/3/2022 at 8:19 AM, King39 said:

Yes, just as I described above.

On 3/3/2022 at 9:09 AM, Nealius said:

Not for static templates. 

Static templates are not just static. You can make a whole mission a template should you choose,

or limit it to just things like airfield and deck equipment, parked aircraft, etc. Whatever you like, but it is labor intensive.

I have some with parked aircraft on every airport, so that wherever I fly, it looks like someone is home. 

• Like 1

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

12 minutes ago, rayrayblues said:

You can also use .lua scripts such as "Random Air Traffic" as well. Whatever you save as a template will stay as a template.

I fully agree with you on the usefulness of Static Templates, and slowly building a library of reusable templates is truly worthwhile:

3ouRToa.jpg

Unfortunately, not everything is saved on a Template, for example: trigger zones, drawings, map labels, trigger actions … I truly hope that ED will expand them to cater for this.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• ED Team

A trigger condition of "Rocket In Zone", and maybe even "Gun In Zone".

We already have "Bomb In Zone", "Missile In Zone", "MLRS In Zone", and "Signal Flare In Zone", but being able to set a condition for "Rocket In Zone" would allow trigger functions for marking a target with a smoke rocket for an AI unit to engage, or use rockets as a suppressive fire weapon.

• Like 3

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

Id like to see the ability to lay down houses, drive-able roads, buildings and various man-made structures as 3D models. That way we can make towns in off-center areas where the maps are barren for the most part.

• Like 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

For condition "bomb in zone" or "missile in zone", please add an "any" selection, so you do not have to choose which missile/bombe model to trigger the action. Because if you want to make a sandbox mission for all playable aircrafts/helos, that becomes a NIGHTMARE to add a trigger for each type of bomb/missile that can be loaded on every playabl aircraft/helo

• Like 8

A few seemingly simple requests for the mission planner, please:

1) Make the top priority any designated targets, especially in SEAD

2) Allow aircraft to change from SEAD or Precision Strike to CAP or do both.  Be nice to have that capability for swing-role fighting.

3) Templates for SAM sites for all nationalities.  Be nice to keep it accurate to the real world.

• Like 2

1) Use static models with triggers.

2) Group more then 4 aircraft 

3) Leave a static aircraft on the ground in case no one has spawned in the aircraft.

4) Being able to remove trees with trigger on the Syria map 

5) More of a layer styled list for units where you can drag and drop units into different folders so you can create whole battalions linked together. That way you can hide / unhide / select all units within one group.

• Like 2

Intel Core i7-8700 3,20GHz - EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 - 32Gb Ram - DCS on 500 GB SSD - Windows 10 - Thrusmaster Warthog - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - Track Ir 5 - Samsung Odyssey+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.virtualredarrows.com

On 3/2/2022 at 10:31 PM, Nealius said:

Oh yes, templates. Making templates for each map is infuriating. We should be able to just click a region on any map, select "import template," and the template gets dropped where we click. 

To overcome that i open the .miz file with WinRar and edit the mission file (and change the map line to the matter i desire) and then load on ME and save it as Template. Should be a better way as you stated but for now it´s my way to have my templates in all maps i wish without creating a new template for each map everytime.

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

On 3/17/2022 at 1:34 PM, fagulha said:

To overcome that i open the .miz file with WinRar and edit the mission file (and change the map line to the matter i desire) and then load on ME and save it as Template. Should be a better way as you stated but for now it´s my way to have my templates in all maps i wish without creating a new template for each map everytime.

NOW you tell me!!! 🙂

• Like 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

30 minutes ago, Boosterdog said:

NOW you tell me!!! 🙂

I'm at work right now (16h40 here) but when i arrive home i will explain what file and line to change. Probably i will arrive late today... (22h00l. But i will not forget to help you 🙂

• Thanks 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

On 3/18/2022 at 4:12 PM, Boosterdog said:

NOW you tell me!!! 🙂

Open the .miz file with WinRar. Open the "mission" file with Notepad++. Go to line 244 and change ["theatre"] = "Syria", line to the map you wish to use. Quit and you get a pop up to update the file you edited. Press yes. Go to DCS load the mission and save it as a Template. Beware, use common sense creating the templates and some ME adjustments may be needed. (ex: first time i edit the file from Persian Gulf to Syria my carrier was over Syria. I edited the original mission so the carrier on Syria be in place in the sea). But you´ll get it. Hope this helps.

Edited by fagulha
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A detected in zone trigger. Ai detection is really good now. A detected in zone trigger would alow jets to "sit alert", Sam sites to go active, you name it.  But it would also reward player skill. It would be really nice to have this when making missions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Altitude and speed parameters for trigger zones would be nice. Currently all these parameters can be set and checked for individual units only, it would be easier in some cases (if a lot of air units are present in the mission) to set an entire zone to work in, say, 300-1500 ft ASL range and/or 200-350 kts TAS range.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Aernov said:

Altitude and speed parameters for trigger zones would be nice. Currently all these parameters can be set and checked for individual units only, it would be easier in some cases (if a lot of air units are present in the mission) to set an entire zone to work in, say, 300-1500 ft ASL range and/or 200-350 kts TAS range.

I mean that's neat. But the detection logic is pretty good these days. I would rather see it implemented in an organic way. 

I meant my "request" not for detection triggers (which definitely should be a thing), but for stuff like triggers activating when all groups are landed (low alt, no speed in zone) or took off but still in airfield vicinity (alt above 50 ft AGL, speed above stall), or for triggering something like signal flares when runway is empty (no aircraft in runway zone at altitudes less than, say, 300 ft).

tbh on any mission, I would love a simple toggle for time of day, dawn, daytime, dusk, midnight. It would make missions more interesting to do the same mission at different times of the day, without having to mess about in mission editor

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chembleton said:

tbh on any mission, I would love a simple toggle for time of day, dawn, daytime, dusk, midnight. It would make missions more interesting to do the same mission at different times of the day, without having to mess about in mission editor

You know there is a dropdown with a slider so you can fine tune the position of the time, sun and moon. It's pretty easy now.