Mission Editor Top User Requested Features

NineLine

On 10/19/2021 at 12:32 PM, Abburo said:

I would really appreciate a short statement on this matter from ED.

and btw it's rather off topic here.

Btw2, the real grass we got in 2.5 (2018) and clouds were in the works for a long time - the performance was not a main problem.

• Like 2

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

I did not read through the whole thread, so not sure if it's been mentioned already:

An initial camera position for the role selection screen at the start of a mission.
At the moment it seems to be random or linked to a certain unit.
It would be great to be able to select a specific point and perhaps camera direction.

• Like 1
Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Am 19.10.2021 um 00:57 schrieb Eight Ball:

What they don't show you in the movie is how dramatic the effect is due to the doppler shift 😄

Only on the ground. If you fly formation in multiple Huey's it's glorious!

And for ground units/zones it would be fantastic to add audio into the environment. Crew chief shouting, PA announcement, air raid alarm, etc. 

• Like 4

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 4 weeks later...

My map editor wish list for the map editor.

• preload troops, and cargo on transports via the payload editor
  • add waypoint to disembark from amphibious assault ships
  • better templates and order of battle editor, 
  • airborne operations 
  • I'd like to see a listing for classes with ships as well as have the name change
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

The ability to set jets on alert. Basically like a cap waypoint. But will be sitting at the closest parking to the active, and only launch when something to attack is detected. The AI already starts up fast, but maybe half that time to simulate the jet being prepared before hand. 

So basically you would place an aircraft, select it's mission type as alert, and then set the parking option as alert. The Me would then place the aircraft in the closest parking spot to the the active. And it would sit there. Until something was detected in it's engagement area. I could see this as useful for the CAP, intercept, and CAS taskings. 

Edited by FlankerKiller
  • Like 3

Please add feature for mission editors to enable/disable "JTAC operator" slots to access this right SAM control-panel aswell! We now need customizable "engagement range" and manual "radar off/on" ability for our PvP servers as much as never before! (due to addition of ground moving target radar modes of several DCS jets.)

grafik.png

Edited by D4n
  • Like 1
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I windsock in the ME. So when using dynamic wether you can see exactly which direction the wind is blowing on any spot. Useful for knowing which runway is active, and what way the carrier should be steaming. 

A search and engage in zone advanced waypoint option for sam sights. Would give us fire zones, which would in effect give us no fire zones as well. 

• Like 2

Ctrl Z!

Especially for accidentally deleted units. I have a few times accidentally deleted my custom carrier group and then I just quit for the day. 

Edited by mmoccio
  • Like 10

F/A-18C | F-16C | JF-17 | F-14 | FC3 | AV-8B | AJS-37 | F-5E | M-2000C | Mig 15bis | C-101 | F-86 | A-10C | P-51D | Fw 190 A-8 | Christen Eagle II | Bf 109 K-4 |

Ryzen 5 2600 | MSI RTX 2070 Super | ASROCK B450m Pro | 16GB G.SKill Ripjaws 3200 DDR4 | 500GB WD Blue Internal SSD | 1TB Samsung Evo 860 SSD | Logitech X56 HOTAS | PSEYE Track IR | Delan Clip | :joystick:

On 12/7/2021 at 11:32 AM, mmoccio said:

Ctrl Z!

Especially for accidentally deleted units. I have a few times accidentally deleted my custom carrier group and then I just quit for the day. 

Which brings me too my most desired function which is the "Undo" button...

• Like 5

Small QOL update would be the ability to rename the "Takeoff From Ground" slots. Can be difficult when spawning into a MP mission with multiple user made FARPS and having to guess which aircraft is parked where (or naming the aircraft partially by it's location, which is less elegant). Ultimately, it'd also be nice if some of this was auto-detected, where if a helo is placed at a named FARP, the "Ground" just becomes that name when the spawn is within a certain proximity in ME, and similarly if placed within a few nm of an airbase, or even just on the airfield somewhere, it'd just inhabit that name, despite not being on a listed parking T. 

Carrier group templates (SC and non-SC, USA and Russia) would be usefull for quickly creating some missions - with AWACS and helis and stuff please.

And: same mouse functions for editor and F10, especially LMB and RMB functions. This always keeps confusing me when trying out missions I'm throwing together.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It would be nice if using mission start to get sound to play would worked consistently.  It seems to work on some maps and not others, or it works off line but not online.

Also, the ability to have carrier asset option; rescue helo, S3, and E3D on station around the carrier group without having to use moose would be nice.  A carrier group template would be nice as well - as posted above.

cheers

Edited by BoneDust
  • Like 2

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

3 hours ago, BoneDust said:

It would be nice if using mission start to get sound to play would worked consistently.  It seems to work on some maps and not others, or it works off line but not online.

Also, the ability to have carrier asset option; rescue helo, S3, and E3D on station around the carrier group without having to use moose would be nice.  A carrier group template would be nice as well - as posted above.

cheers

You can now assign a Helicopter to "Follow" a carrier in the advanced waypoint options, however it will just stay there on station

and not go to the scene of a crash like it does with the MOOSE-RESCUE HELO script.

• Like 1

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

Might have been mentioned before, but actual usability of the shift-select function. You can use shift key to click and select multiple objects, but you can’t actually do anything with them. You can only edit/move/delete the last object you selected in the sequence, while the other selected objects are unaffected, rendering the function useless. 

• Like 3

On 12/15/2021 at 1:58 PM, rayrayblues said:

You can now assign a Helicopter to "Follow" a carrier in the advanced waypoint options, however it will just stay there on station

and not go to the scene of a crash like it does with the MOOSE-RESCUE HELO script.

Every time I've tried that it follows the ship behind the carrier.  I think because it follows a "group" rather then a "unit".

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

14 hours ago, BoneDust said:

Every time I've tried that it follows the ship behind the carrier.  I think because it follows a "group" rather than a "unit".

Yes, it follows the group. The carrier needs to be the 1st unit in the group.

Make sure your "Follow" setting are correct and that you have selected the group.

The "Distance" setting is fore and aft in feet, with 0 being amidships.

coaSli4.png

Negative numbers are aft and positive numbers are fore.

qN4hWGb.png

The "Interval" setting is port and starboard in feet, with 0 being amidships. Negative numbers are port and positive numbers are starboard.

QZUOjVo.png

The "Elevation" setting doesn't seem to do anything. I keep it at 0. The helo's altitude is defaulted at 240-250 ft.

If you have more than one carrier;  for each ship to have their own helos, they must be in a separate group,

or you can use M.O.O.S.E with their "Rescue Helo" script to be able to have separate helos for each ship in the same group,

because they follow individual ships instead of groups. I have a mission with 2 SC's and 1 Tarawa. 

Each have their own helo, but because the M.O.O.S.E script also includes a rescue feature,

if someone crashes into the sea, all three helos fly over to the crash site together.  gXL4isB.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

Got it working.   Thanks!

Cheers

• 2 months later...

Hello,

1 - DTC for all aircraft in M.E. or at start menu (first autocompletion in the mission editor depending on mission and environnement) + personnal DTC profiles per category

2 - Auto generate kneeboards and comcards, ability to remove default kneeboards

3 - Huge amount of Callsigns from different countries.

4 - More AI reactions and behaviours like BARCAP, TARCAP, CSAR, AI, CAS etc (less triggers and scripting) +AI refueling management or automation

5 - SAM interconnexion ability

6 - Advanced weather options like snow, icing, rain (maybe with dynamic weather?)

7 - 3D edition tool (to place objects and check terrain instead of launching the mission)

8 - Multiple selection of objects and related functionalities 

9 - More units templates + more objects (FARP, hesco walls, infantry for example)

10 - Map filters (roads, borders, water etc)

It's more in sim feature, but the possibility to create/edit the flight plan of the selected aircraft before jumping in the cockpit while joining a server slot, in brief menu, would be awesome.

Kind regards,

Raph.

Edited by JTFF - Raph
Added content, language mistakes
  • Like 1

Modules: Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandie, FC3, CA, Super Carrier, A-10C, A-10C II, F/A-18C, F-16 C, F-14 B, SA342, and WWII stuff.

Hardware: I7 8700K, Geforce GTX 1080Ti 11Go OC, 32Gb RAM, screen resolution 2K

Devices: Hotas Warthog, Cougar MFDs, Saitek rudder pedals, Track IR

My squadron: http://jtff.fr/SITE/

Not sure where, or if was listed, but the save option needs to be increased by about a factor of 5 along with the delete option. Also, the ability to save templates from one map to another should be a no- brainer. If we have it, I can't find it. I think there might be an auto save function, but unsure how it actually works.

• Like 1

Oh yes, templates. Making templates for each map is infuriating. We should be able to just click a region on any map, select "import template," and the template gets dropped where we click. 

Also, if I have the lead unit of a group selected via the units list, then click it to move it, I've suddenly clicked a different unit and move that singular unit instead of the entire group. 

Edited by Nealius
  • Like 1