Improved ATC/Comms

Redeye26

I'm not a poster on this forum , more a lurker .

Love the F16 in DCS , looking forward to it getting to the level of the other version .

What are the chances of getting better ATC and IVC comms ?

Having Tower , Ground , Departure , Approach and proper UHF/VHF comms really add to the immersion !

Having this in DCS would be a great experience , is this something the developers can add to DCS World ?

Hopefully it's possible , would appreciate any comments from the developers and the community alike .

Thanks

Reds

I'm not a poster on this forum , more a lurker .

Love the F16 in DCS , looking forward to it getting to the level of the other version .

What are the chances of getting better ATC and IVC comms ?

Having Tower , Ground , Departure , Approach and proper UHF/VHF comms really add to the immersion !

Having this in DCS would be a great experience , is this something the developers can add to DCS World ?

Hopefully it's possible , would appreciate any comments from the developers and the community alike .

Thanks

Reds

Second this as I would love to see it. And with VAICOM PRO it get's even better!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

One of the improvements I have been looking forward to for many, many years. Indeed it has been in progress/ on the back burner for a very long time. To be fair though, I think the scope of what ED has been working on/ trying to achieve has also changed over time.

As I understand it so far:

We have recently seen the WIP version of the carrier comms. Once this functionality is complete ED will then complete the same level of detailed comms for airfields.

No sure what if anything is been dome about (AI) inter-aircraft comms or Air to ground (a.k.a ground forces comms at this point).

ED is also working on a inter-player VOIP system for DCS. One would assume that in-game this VOIP system would mirror all the nuances of normal radio communications (e.g. correct frequency, correct modulation type (AM/FM), radio set power output and reciever sensitivity, Earth curvature, terrain masking and perhaps even encryption eventually??)

+1

Looking forward. Hope they release some news about it and talk about their concept. Are we just getting a more stable version or are we getting a realistic ATC simulation?

Support for multiple runways, all the different channels, different approaches/formation landings and emergencies would be nice.

And maybe a "hello" and "have a good day" from the tower from time to time would be nice. Maybe different voices incl. Couple female ones to make it more dynamic. :thumbup:

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

+1

Looking forward. Hope they release some news about it and talk about their concept. Are we just getting a more stable version or are we getting a realistic ATC simulation?

Support for multiple runways, all the different channels, different approaches/formation landings and emergencies would be nice.

And maybe a "hello" and "have a good day" from the tower from time to time would be nice. Maybe different voices incl. Couple female ones to make it more dynamic. :thumbup:

Or allow people to add voices to the pack. ;)

ATC at the moment is very buggy , hopefully with the carrier development it will carry over to land. The other sim is exceptional in this area !

Hopefully the Dev team are not too stubborn and are willing to fly it (other sim) as it may give them some ideas .

I fly mainly online and generally we ignore ATC in DCS because it just doesnt work as it should .

My fingers are crossed for further development , but understandably - it's no easy task !

On a side note (excuse my ignorance !) managed to get SRS working today and what a game changer that is in DCS .

Not one for using mods in DCS but for multiplayer getting UHF/VHF comms working as IVC is fantastic . And it works in the F-16 !

Wish we found this before , but hey , learn something everyday .

More than likely we'll be adding this mod to our S.O.P.

Edited by Redeye26