Dcs a10c cbu spin settings

Flightsimnerd

Are you trying to do it from Profile of DSMS, INV page and selecting CBU-->97 (example)?

If so, under that menu you will get settings for (depending on ordinance) HOF - Height of Function, and SPIN. Referencing the DSMS MFCD screen.

Also, a quick Google of HOF and Spin setting will yield a ton of references on this.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Are you trying to do it from Profile of DSMS, INV page and selecting CBU-->97 (example)?

If so, under that menu you will get settings for (depending on ordinance) HOF - Height of Function, and SPIN. Referencing the DSMS MFCD screen.

Also, a quick Google of HOF and Spin setting will yield a ton of references on this.[/quote

inv and i will google it now

Thanks

Only certain CBUs spin and CBU spin is a "matter of fact" physical property of the weapon. And just like all physical properties of weapons, that is told to the airplane when entering the weapon details in inventory. It won't appear in profile because profile data is pilot selection and spin isn't a pilot choice.

Try to enter a CBU-87 using the inventory system and you'll see the selections for HOF, fuze type, spin, etc. CBU-97 and -105 don't spin but instead use a gas bag like a car airbag to push out the BLU-108 submunitions. As such they don't have any variability in spin and thus no option when entering inventory details.

One I don't understand is CBU-103 because it's BLU-97 submunitions which are normally spread by spinning (although a 0 RPM spin is an option for CBU-87) but WCMD probably can't guide and spin. Can anyone tell me how WCMD (CBU-103) is able to fly the weapon and spin at hundreds if not thousands of RPM? It seems like spinning and guided flight by moving tail fins would be incompatible.

The spin only occurs in the terminal phase prior to the canister bursting to disperse the submunitions. For CBU-87/103 the fins angle themselves to produce the configured spin speed.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Brilliant, I had my suspicions WCMD-CEM had separate guidance and spin-up-dispense phases. Kinda pleased with myself for guessing correctly. I'm a little surprised that -87s also wait to spin. So an -87 dropped from 30,000' falls mostly fins retracted or fins straight and only for dispense spins up? Or are -87s spinning the whole drop?