COMMS Help - Tuned correctly, no response

DerekSpeare

I am tuned to the proper UHF/VHF frequencies for Khasab but there's no reply from them. The AWACS doesn't reply as well even when tuned properly.

If anyone can tell me what I am not doing or doing to cause it, please let me know!

:joystick:

FIXED: I have to set UHF and VHF Transmit bindings to make it communicate properly.

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Which comm switch you using? UHF/VHF Comm switch or the one used for ground crew?

I press "COM1" and then start

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

@Sryan - that's not happening at all. Easy comms is unchecked.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

@Sryan - that's not happening at all. Easy comms is unchecked.

what button are you using to contact ATC? Without easy comms, you cannot use the "/" button, you have to use the UHF transmit switch (default "Ralt + /") or the VHF transmit switch (default "Rctrl + /") in order to talk to other entities via the radio.

edit: note that the slashes are the wrong way. for some reason I cannot enter the correct slash.

Check my F-15C guide

what button are you using to contact ATC? Without easy comms, you cannot use the "/" button, you have to use the UHF transmit switch (default "Ralt + /") or the VHF transmit switch (default "Rctrl + /") in order to talk to other entities via the radio.

edit: note that the slashes are the wrong way. for some reason I cannot enter the correct slash.

aha! That's the issue! I am using the "/" button...I'm gong to reconfigure it and report back (If I can find the correct binds) lolo

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

As soon as you have Easy Comms unchecked, this applies to pretty much every full fidelity aircraft. So also the A-10C, Hornet etc. So if you run into it with another module; same deal. Look for the Mic Switch or Transmit Switch for the corresponding radio :)

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Thank you, gents! I'm all set! It works properly and I have rebound the UHF/VHF transmit keys properly to get it to work...

So that said, how do I contact ground crew when on the ground? Do I use the "" key or one of the UHF/VHF transmit keys? Does it matter for them?

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

You need to turn the radio on, on the left console. It's not on by default although you still can hear radiochatter and all looks fine. WIP I guess.

Nope...

Comm 1 … UHF should work without turning that on. The one in front of the throttle is a backup in case your ICP / DED goes Tango Uniform.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com