BK90 - date of introduction into service?

Mr_sukebe

Does anyone know when the BK90 was first introduced into military service?

I've had a search on the net, and found nothing definitive.

I'm currently pulling together an early 80s cold war scenario and I'm not sure that it was available at that point.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

My thanks for confirming chaps. Much appreciated.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Försvarsbeslutet 1992

That when the series production contract was approved by parliament, not when it entered service. Granted, for OP's question it doesn't matter, but I know an opportunity to clarify obscure Viggen trivia when I see one. ;)

So, getting to the "well, actually": the unclassified document Beskrivning bombkapsel 90 mentions on page 7 that prototype development was complete by 1991, the series production contract was signed in 1992 and delivery was complete by spring 1997. It's a fascinating document by the way with an amazing level of detail for being unclassified - highly recommended for nerding out.

That when the series production contract was approved by parliament, not when it entered service. Granted, for OP's question it doesn't matter, but I know an opportunity to clarify obscure Viggen trivia when I see one. ;)

So, getting to the "well, actually": the unclassified document Beskrivning bombkapsel 90 mentions on page 7 that prototype development was complete by 1991, the series production contract was signed in 1992 and delivery was complete by spring 1997. It's a fascinating document by the way with an amazing level of detail for being unclassified - highly recommended for nerding out.

Holy cow, that's an interesting piece of paper indeed! Good info on the BK90 is scarce and this seems like it contains a lot of it!

Now I only need to learn swedish... :music_whistling:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg