Real F16 overhead breaking landing

cmbaviator

This is the case too many times in the simulation community.

Aviation is something that is far more flexible than what the written rules want to make it look line. What Wags said is not wrong or inaccurate. It is something for you to start off with. Pilots usually know where the limits are and depending on them, there is a maneuvering area where you pick tour numbers/ options.

Adaptation to the situation.

This is a LIE. We follow all rules all the time and don't you DARE tell my boss otherwise!

;)

Real F16 overhead breaking landing

SIM is SAFE, nothing can fire in SIM mode.

Correct. Am I also correct that the SMS will just tally the ordinance as fired? Meaning the count on that station goes down once pickled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

I was very nose-down at low speed at one point. I couldn't pull out of it then. Almost no elevator response.

I noticed this problem when I crashed while trying to land out of a half cuban eight.

There's something weird going on with the FLCS AoA limiter in takeoff/landing gain.

1.0G = 21deg AoA which is correct according to the -1.

Increasing the speed/g-load greatly decreases the available AoA, which doesn't make sense IMO.

1.5G = 13deg AoA

2.0G = 8deg AoA

It's next to impossible to pull out of a dive at low speed, because the available AoA rapidly decreases with increasing speed/g-load.

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

I guess but i was wondering if we can find some second hand track IR 5 in europe, i'll get one for Xmast

Pm me if you might be interested in a very used TIR4 pro with track clip (still works fine but I have gone Vr and won’t be going back..ever)?

Don’t want much so just cover the postage from the UK and buy me some wines...

Probably should have put on for sale section but hey ho.

Thank you Matt for the very helpful Overhead Break video. It released before the Viper was made available so I looked at it like a short piece of marketing. I already had aircraft experience and so it looked like a standard overhead/ pattern.. with the usual visual cues and performance targets. I didn't think very much of it than a demonstration of the aircraft and a tutorial for new users.

When I finally practiced them myself I found I was having a lot of trouble transitioning from the Hornet/Tiger/Fishbed/everything else.. to the Viper landing. Everything was going fine except I couldn't manage my energy properly on the final turn. It was this thread which motivated me to review that tutorial which I brushed over before. There are very specific targets and actions which you make in it which are unique to the Viper, and which I suspect were taught by SME's or else from previous F-16 simulator experience. When practicing those techniques I experienced a near immediate improvement in my Viper handling.. and it's quickly obvious this is how this aircraft was designed to be flown (or how the test pilots figured out to best land the thing).

For those of you who have DCS Jet experience and think the Overhead Break tutorial video is simple.. I suggest you carefully study the airmanship Wags puts on display.

Also it would be very helpful to have the control indicator displayed during tutorials heavily focused on aircraft handling (takeoff, landing, specific flight maneuvers) :)

Totally! For me too, learning the quirks and idiosyncrasies of a new aircraft are indeed half the fun, be it real life or DCS. I'm having a blast the the F-16 so far!

Great post, thanks totem! Yes, I had a lot of "expert" help from guys like Mover and T-Day, but I'm still very much a novice and learning. But, that is half the fun.

Thanks