TEACypher Generic ==> Av8b Pit

tea_cypher

I am interested in the the Razbam discord. Is it invite only or open to anyone? I have not used Discord all that much.

What about Primer that is Black or grey then a top coat? I would also wonder out of too many coats if the paint is too thick would start to chip or flake. I painted a radio panel I built after I manipulated the switches into the panel with tools. The paint had chipped around the wholes and where I accidently dragged a wrench across the panel. Well I am no painter either so I could have messed up the panel paint job during the painting process.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

It looks like all displays are of the I2C type. Unfortunately they all have the same address. So either you use a multiplexer between the arduino and the displays or you manage to change the address for each display.

Regards, Vinc

Edited by Vinc_Vega

Regards, Vinc

real life: Royal Bavarian Airforce

online: VJS-GermanKnights.de

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Tea Cypher, I'm super interested in your project. I'm in the beginning stages of doing my own AV-8B sim cockpit and would like to collaborate where possible.  You are obviously a lot further along then me.  I have the electronics and Arduino experience already, and have successfully tested using DCS BIOS, so I know how to do that stuff already.  I have access to a laser cutter at the local library which is where I plan to cut my and etch my panels for my sim from acrylic.  My cockpit will be mostly wooden construction with some parts 3d printed as necessary.  I have started designing the throttle handle in FreeCAD, and have already 3d printed most of the UFC that is found here.  Since I'm a VR user, I probably will not be doing backlit UFC buttons at this point, but that might change in the future.  Also, I don't "officially" have support from my wife on this project, so that'll be a fun conversation when she finally figures out what the heck is going on.  LOL.  Anyway, please send me a message if you'd like to collaborate on anything.  Any files I create related to my project will be publicly available on GitHub.  Also interesting that you got to converse with Aiden on his sim cockpit.  I messaged him awhile back, but he never responded to me.

Xpendable