A-10 real life upgrade

MadMonty

Interesting:

Even a pod with ground radar! Would it not be hilarious, if DCS could implement that before the US Air Force :megalol: Just dreaming....

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured

Thanks Yurgon - it seems I have missed that thread... Sorry for posting the info a second time.

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured

Maybe a mod can merge it.

Anyway, that looks to be a massive upgrade.

Kinda reminds me of the old Star Trek crew. They said their good-byes so often that they stopped believing "that's the end of Star Trek", "that's the last movie", "this time it's really the last good-bye" :D

• 2 weeks later...

Appropriations are funny. Looks like guys that wear boots won this time.

Cool upgrade though. New wings and structural maintenance, unfortunately not the new engine they’ve been begging for.

SDB’s would be awesome on a-10 though, and dual link 16/SADL like the f-16 has is great. Improved helmet is cool, curious though as most hog drivers like the scorpion. Good for NV, can see HAFU like symbology superimposed over ground, precise location of friendlies, etc. The Dragon’s eye pod would be a fun addition, center mount AESA SAR Radar supposedly very capable used on strike eagles for some time. Though I admit that an A-10 using side scanning radar to pick up and track a Toyota pickup and lob an SDB from 50 miles seems weird. Actually, I doubt the a-10 has the airspeed to chuck em 50nm, maybe more like 25... if nothing else it adds an all weather capability, some Afghanistan stressed was a weakness.

I really, really, wish we got stuff like this... I would totally pay for A-10C 2... right along with black shark 3 ;)

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

• 2 months later...