Wish for future upgrade - vapor effects

If there will be another upgrade after 1.1, I would like to see improved vapor effects. There are older sims including Falcon and Flanker 2.5 that has better vapor effects than what Lock on has now. I know its a small thing but I feel it adds to the already great visuals.

Stangpilot

I heard that the reason this hasn't happened is because the FPS will take a big hit .....

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Considering its not an FPS hit on the games I previously mentioned that had it, I dont believe FPS is really an issue. I do think that possibly the expectation may have been to model vapor in a more realistic fashion, which there are so many variables for that to be done that it would be nearly impossible to do.

If they could do a simple implementation of vapors like they did in previous titles I mentioned but maybe make it a little more visually pleasing textures.... I think it would be great.

Stangpilot.

I managed to do some quite realistic on OFP with a relatively simple system (the most complicated on OFP being to get fDt and orientation matrix necessary to get AOA):

high speed vortex trails (~650km/h)

low speed vortex trails (150km/h)

The system just plays with the particle lifetime (_t in seconds) the other values are constants

drop ["cl_basic","","Billboard",1,_t,[-4.06,-3.65,2.35],[0,0,0],0,1.275,1,0.1,_siz,_col,[0,1],0.2,0.2,"","",_me]

with _t=AOA(deg)^2/speed(km/h)

and with a minimum limit speed at 60km/h...

This is not accurate, but what in OFP is? :wink: anyway, it's still a great game.

Often, the most important for the gamer is more the presence of the detail than its total accuracy... differs from real simmer. :wink:

The main problem is maybe the way the trail is modelised. Currently it seems to be a textured tape rather than a particle line (like flare trails do)... and what is the most visible is the cut on both ends of the trail.

"Heroism is the only way to get famous when you got no talent" Pierre Desproges

"Whether fifty millions people say a stupid thing,

it's still a stupid thing." Anatole France