FW 190 D-9 DORA, 4*SC50 Bombs are unusable in "unlimited ammo" mode

Oldgold

Iv been practicing dive bombing lately, using "unlimited ammo" mode.

After I drop the 4 SC50 bombs they reappear on the pylon, but I'm not able to drop them again.

SC-500(the big bomb) works well. The smaller SC50 bombs only have this bug. In both cases the light bulb indicator on the bomb panel doesn't light up.

Is there something I can do to make it work?

Intel i9-9900k 5.0GHz · Gainward RTX2080Ti 11GB Phoenix GS · AsRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate · Benq 4K 32" PD3200U · Samsung 970 PRO 1TB M.2 PCIe · 2x Seagate ST2000DX002 2TB · 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz CL14 · SoundBlaster ZX · Windows 10 · HOTAS Warthog · SAITEK Pedals · RIFT S

After I drop the 4 SC50 bombs they reappear on the pylon, but I'm not able to drop them again.

SC-500(the big bomb) works well. The smaller SC50 bombs only have this bug. In both cases the light bulb indicator on the bomb panel doesn't light up.

I think no one use unlimited ammo option, i cant help you with that, probably a bug

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I think no one use unlimited ammo option, i cant help you with that, probably a bug

My name is "no one" because I like to use unlimited weapons when I practice with dumb bombs on WWII fighters.

And yes, SC-50 can only be dropped once. They will be re-loaded but cannot be dropped again.

It is a bug.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

My name is "no one" because I like to use unlimited weapons when I practice with dumb bombs on WWII fighters.

And yes, SC-50 can only be dropped once. They will be re-loaded but cannot be dropped again.

It is a bug.

Its better to pracitse dumb bomb like real pilots did, this is how i think about it practise

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

• 2 weeks later...
If it's a bug then it's a bug, nothing more to discuss

Does this mean that this is how it's going to be?

Is there a way to report this to ED?

Intel i9-9900k 5.0GHz · Gainward RTX2080Ti 11GB Phoenix GS · AsRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate · Benq 4K 32" PD3200U · Samsung 970 PRO 1TB M.2 PCIe · 2x Seagate ST2000DX002 2TB · 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz CL14 · SoundBlaster ZX · Windows 10 · HOTAS Warthog · SAITEK Pedals · RIFT S

Good idea. When learning, it really helps to be able to practice over and over while trying to get the altitude, speed, position on the sight, etc. figured out.

I haven't flown the D9 for a little while, but I recall that in unlimited mode, that the rockets replenish, but the 4xSC50 pack does not. On the other hand, I always flew with rockets.

You may have already tried it but, if not, see what happens with only 4xSC50 or combinations of 4xSC50s and the different rockets.

There were a few quirks like this with the D9. I was hoping they'd get fixed when they did the A8 ( or the F8 ), but it seems the FW work has paused again.

Oh, and if you cannot get it to work, an alternative is to create a mission with two air-spawned, pre-loaded D9s. You fly one and, after dropping bombs, select the other one and repeat, then go back to the first. It is not ideal, but it is faster than crashing/respawning or exiting the mission and re-starting.

You may have already tried it but, if not, see what happens with only 4xSC50 or combinations of 4xSC50s and the different rockets.

Oh, and if you cannot get it to work, an alternative is to create a mission with two air-spawned, pre-loaded D9s. You fly one and, after dropping bombs, select the other one and repeat, then go back to the first. It is not ideal, but it is faster than crashing/respawning or exiting the mission and re-starting.

Thanks. I'll definitely give this two possible solutions a go and report back.

Dive-bombing is no joke. Requires a lot of practice.

fwiw (originally from 2014):

Works for me.

But I encountered something strange, though. For training and fun reasons, I have "unlimited weapons" enabled. I can drop the first 4 bombs without problems. Then, after the magical in-flight re-supplying, they cease to function - they won't drop. Probably because there is some counter that already counted "4 bombs dropped" (i.e. the 4 lamps are actually off already!).

I consider this as a (minor) bug. Unlimited weapons should also reset this counter.

@mods: can we move this to the bugs sub-forum? ty!