Show Me Your Landings!

Wags

My landing ends up looking like a junkyard every time! Lol! One of these days I'll get it right.

Do they make runways that are 2 miles wide and 10 miles long? I could probably land in one of those!

Im landing very good now. Landing is always lousy at first but you will grasp it fast if you practice!

The top important thing is to control you speed, this is super important and keep FPM in the runway threshold!

Other most important thing is to trim the aircraft so you wont need to keep pulling the stick hard and the plane will keep the glide-slope easily!

After that, when you flare(or round out) the plane, dont set your throttle idle immediately but keep in last position until the plane is leveled, then put the throttle to idle and let the plane touch down.

In this video I was landing heavily loaded so my speed is high:

Edited by Shadoware
Add video

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is a video of my landing. It is one of my better landings. It is not an cockpit view. It is from the undercarriage but the bracket was perfectly aligned. You can just skip to the end if you don't want to watch the entire video. The shot where the gear is coming down is pretty cool. Undercarriage shot starts at 4:45.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTPBdGjRV3g

Edited by GR00VYJERRY

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2020 at 10:51 AM, Zad Fnark said:

On the Facebook DCS group, there's been a challenge out for landing a 16 at Haifa. Apparently that's a very ugly little runway to have to land on.

i just tried. i could barely takeoff lol. landing did not turn out so well.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

• 2 weeks later...
Am 31.1.2021 um 23:27 schrieb silverdevil:

i just tried. i could barely takeoff lol. landing did not turn out so well.

It is only 3500ft long, which is about half the distance required for a viper... 6000ft / 1nm is considered safe with a 13° approach. 7500 is damn short for low visibility, crosswinds and a wet runway sometimes. I tried and my best approach was only one lost wing.

That's an airfield designed around viggens and harriers. You can land a viggen there. In about half of the runway. You can even stop and take off again without changing direction if you are empty and have about 75% fuel left.

Where did you find that challenge?

I got too close to an exploding Su-27 yesterday in the Viper.  My pilot blacked out briefly.  All systems seemed okay, but there was a bit of wiggle on final approach.  On touchdown, I had no rudder or brakes, rolled a few times, and ended blacked out.  The new damage model is making landings more interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here is a video of a couple of landings after seeing Hasard's video about using 11-13 degrees AoA. These are my first attempts at using AoA rather than watching the speed and flaring at the last second. I have to admit, they work out pretty well -- probably due to the nice weather, 10 mile final, and flat terrain at Creech. 🙂

Enjoy!!

• Like 1

Modules: Flaming Cliffs 3, A-10C, A-10C II Tank Killer, F-16C Viper, P-51D, F-86F.

Terrains: Nevada Test and Training Range, Normandy 1944, Persian Gulf, The Channel.

HOTAS: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Razer Tartarus V2.

VR: Valve Index 

• 3 weeks later...

as you can see weather is rough and visiblity is almost none...  

I kinda screwed up the touch down a little bit, because my rate of descent was a bit high in the last few seconds, but that little bounce wasnt too bad considering. I've made nicer ones since then, but i think it was honest posting one that I took live with OBS ! I can share the mission if anyone wanna try. 

just a detail. I capture in 1920x1080, but in realty I fly in 3840x1080, with another monitor below the main one with MFDs and HSI on it.. so sometimes you wont see my comm menu on the sides, and also, sometimes I just glance down to look at my HSI, which you cannot always see. Easier to look at my real HSI than the one in the virtual cockpit-

Edited by FZG_Immel
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

• 2 weeks later...