Is my Vive foobar?

DoctorStrop

Hi,

A friend asked me to check out his sim-pit, a very nice Hornet pit indeed. He had a rift CV1, and while he has a better i7 CPU (think it was a 8800 maybe), he has a 1080ti against my 2080. Having had my Vive since release, trying the CV1 was like someone has washed a layer of butter off my eyes. Surely the CV1 is not that much better? If I try to ramp up my specs to match his my version of DCS turns into a 1FPS headache inducer.

Any opinions welcome

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

Solved... it was my Steam VR settings. I have tinkered with the settings; turned off motion smoothing, and under developer settings enabled "Enable advanced supersample filtering", and "Do not fade to grid when app hangs". Still not as good, but much clearer, and frame rate is 45-70FPS.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel