Why is the Viper getting TWS before the Hornet?

key_stroked

• ED Team
I guess the biggest point is this is a unforced error. If you finished TWS for the Viper...don't say a word. Get it finished for the Hornet and release them both at the same time.

Then we are not being honest and transparent, so what do you do?

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not understand why there are so many people surprised by the announcements and changes on the development of modules. According to CEO, to make money, The priority is on the viper, not hornet, it’s clear since many month.

Without money: no planes, that also means "no Hornet". Easy as that. Both birds will get TWS shortly. I don't get why the sequence in which they get is important. Yes, I also own the Hornet for a year now, no I'm fine with the development.

@Nineline: thanks for being as transparent as you guys are in the last months. Please don't let the naysayers discourage you or the team - a lot of people get the necessities of business and software development, we're rooting for you.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Geez...

What the hell is wrong with you guys????

It is patently obvious that this situation arises because the implementation of TWS in the F-16 is simpler the integrating it into the avionics of the Hornet.

Ergo it comes to F-16 first.

It's called engineering expediency. That's it. There's no goddamn conspiracy.

Oh, no, of course, but naturally ED did it just to pi$$ you Hornet boys off, clearly. :doh:

Here's a tip: take off your tinfoil hats, put a pin to that burgeoning balloon of self importance you have developed and grow a pair; you'll do better at dealing with the rest of life's curve balls and disappointments.

At first the hornet's engineers were on the viper to help him out. now they stay to finish the f16's radar. tomorrow they will stay until the end of the development of this plane?

Start thinking the same ! Maybe until the whole radar thing is done A-G ....:smilewink:

Edited by med-taha

Scenario 1

ED releases TWS for Hornet first.

Viper owners: the Viper needs more features! so unfinished! buyer's remorse!

Scenario 2

ED releases TWS for Viper first.

Hornet owners: TWS was the most important feature missing from the Hornet! so unfinished! buyer's remorse!

Scenario 3

ED releases TWS for both modules at the same time.

Viper owners: why did you hold back TWS when it was easier to implement for Viper than for Hornet? is Hornet getting special treatment?

Hornet: why did it only take a few weeks to develop TWS for Viper when it tooks years for Hornet? is Viper getting special treatment?

The only winning move is not to play

The thing about transparency is, that it is only useful in combination with accountability. If ED was accountable for all the promises they broke, we would live in a different world.

This is by the way my first complaint in 3.5 years as a member in these forums.

In the last month ED has lost my trust, which really makes me sad as it takes years to build trust, but only a second to destroy it. I am not sure if ED is aware of that.

I own almost all modules, but from now I will seize buying new ones until ED regained my trust.

Best wishes,

counter25

Looks like ED stirred the Hornet nest here.

Little surprise on the anger and dissappiontment from owners because they are just looking after their lovely infant bird.

But for progressive and mutually beneficial coding as ED says, I would take this mildly and hope the parallel development for both birds is adhered to as close as possible.

This would control potential rivalry between these two iconic birds.

I would advise proper prior communication for things like this to manage the side-by-side development of the Hornet and Falcon.

Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Scenario 4, the viper needs to have something new that the hornet does not have to compete in sales. I have the impression that some marketing have these decisions, but good as in everything there is the general interest of obtaining benefits to continue working.

I do not think it takes so long to appear on the TWS hornet, but the viper has to bring something new and thus be able to make + sales. :smilewink:

The thing about transparency is, that it is only useful in combination with accountability. If ED was accountable for all the promises they broke, we would live in a different world.

In the last month ED has lost my trust, which really makes me sad as it takes years to build trust, but only a second to destroy it. I am not sure if ED is aware of that.

I own almost all modules, but from now I will seize buying new ones until ED regained my trust.

Best wishes,

counter25

100% agree with you !

What promises?

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Best wishes,

counter25

ED has not promise nothing, has plans and features on develop, all subject to change and no write on stone.

and this discussion is contributing what exactly?

As someone living in a vivid democracy, it is obvious to me, that discussion is the only way to converge to a collective opinion. If the majority community feels mistreated they have to organize and voice their complaints.

Discussion should never be discouraged, even if to some it seems to be useless or even threatening.

The only winning move is not to play

There is one more scenario:

Releasing the Viper into EA in a more finished state and also starting the pre-order period later on.

I have the feeling that ED has too much on their plate right now. It usually does not end well for companies to overestimate their own resources.

What promises?

Honesty ?what promises? Saying that viper not gonna impact F/a-18 development! And now it’s totally the opposite! I’m just wondering isn’t TWS for more than 1yr and a half one of the most requested features ? Suddenly bam! F-16 will get it first!

Edited by med-taha

At first the hornet's engineers were on the viper to help him out. now they stay to finish the f16's radar. tomorrow they will stay until the end of the development of this plane?

The hornet develop has frozzen....

Then transparency has no worth to us. If they are not bound to their word, they could tell us anything to shut up and pay them.

Transparence...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4069345&postcount=219

F/A-18C Hornet

Targeting Pod

Slave to waypoint / target point

Line of sight indication on the HUD

Coordinate display

Cursor Zero and Snowplow modes

Radar

Track While Scan (TWS) mode

SPOT mode

AACQ mode

Weapons

Release of the AGM-62 Walleye

Dynamic launch zones for JDAM and JSOW

Pre-Briefed (PB) mode for AGM-88 HARM

Avionics

Correct the ability to pull 30 G by disabling the G-limiter circuit breaker as a cheat

Automatic Carrier Landing System (ACLS) mode

Countermeasures

Smaller flares option that can be up to 60 on the aircraft

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4043099&postcount=174

In order to hit our Viper release window, we have very recently had to temporarily move a couple of the systems programmers from the Hornet onto the Viper for a short period. Once the Viper is released, they will be back to work on the Hornet with a strong push on TWS radar mode, air-to-surface radar, further targeting pod features, and more. Much of this work is directly applicable to the Viper. We appreciate your understanding and thank you for your patience.

Thanks.

Wags

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4035560&postcount=215

DCS: F/A-18C Current News

We know many users are concerned about progress on the Hornet with everything else going on, but we can assure you that we are still hard at work on getting the Hornet completed. Currently, AGM-62 ‘Walleye II’ is making good progress, but we need to develop a new man-in-the-loop data link from scratch for this. This is taking a lot of the team's time currently. When this new tech is completed though, it can later be used for the SLAM and SLAM-ER. As well, this week Range & Bearing Launch mode (R/BL) was added for internal testing for the Harpoon, as well as POP and SKIM options added to Terminal Mode, these should be coming to an Open Beta release very soon.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

• ED Team

Everything is subject to change, and when we change we are honest about it.

Some appreciate the honesty some dont.

Please remember when giving feedback to be courteous thanks.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Honesty ?what promises? Saying that viper not gonna impact F/a-18 development! And now it’s totally the opposite! I’m just wondering isn’t TWS for more than 1yr and a half one of the most requested features ! Suddenly bam! F-16 will get it first!

Yeah, honestly.

F-18 has gotten minor and major updates in EVERY OB patch over the last months. It has gotten new weapons, it is getting new weapons as we speak. So obviously nothing is amiss. At no point has EVER been promised that we would get certain features at a certain date, only THAT we would get them in the end. And that we do.

At no point has there been said "EA period will be x months". You all knew that beforehand. If that's not ok for you - fine: lessons learned. Don't buy EA anymore. Full stop.