Future for the MiG 19?

WichitaMODEX

Hey Razbam,

Just wondered what all remains to be done on the Mig 19? Are we going to get an S model? I bought the MiG on a whim and it has turned out to one of my favorite modules... Would love to see it continue to grow.

For community members who know more about the -19 than me, what all do you see that needs to be corrected?

Thanks

All the issues that remain in the MiG-19 will be fixed and also some new features will also be added. These includes more tunning to the FM for an even more realistic ITR and STR behavior, better engine simulation, dedicated sounds and many more. Currently all the coding force is focusing on the modules that arrived before the MiG-19P, so as soon as they are available work will continue on it.

All the issues that remain in the MiG-19 will be fixed and also some new features will also be added. These includes more tunning to the FM for an even more realistic ITR and STR behavior, better engine simulation, dedicated sounds and many more. Currently all the coding force is focusing on the modules that arrived before the MiG-19P, so as soon as they are available work will continue on it.

I can live with that! :thumbup:

But please don't forget the missing key bindings!

Or the 'S'Model ........thumbup.gif

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

hi, are you guys planning to work on improving the radar simulation?

Care to elaborate what improvements are needed? it is not faithfully simulated?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

All the issues that remain in the MiG-19 will be fixed and also some new features will also be added. These includes more tunning to the FM for an even more realistic ITR and STR behavior, better engine simulation, dedicated sounds and many more.

This is good news. While I can enjoy good sounds, it is the FM that makes DCS World my "go to" sim. The better the Lift, thrust, drag, and inertia are modeled over the entire envelope, the more realistic the flight model becomes, which is what I value more than anything.

Currently all the coding force is focusing on the modules that arrived before the MiG-19P, so as soon as they are available work will continue on it.

The M2000C and AV-8B certainly need to be finished as soon as possible. I was under the impression RAZBAM had different teams for different aircraft so that they could have parallel progress in multiple projects. Bit this statement tells me there is a bottleneck, which tells me I should treat RAZBAM the same way I am treating some other DCS World 3rd parties whose progress on released modules is slow or non-existent: no more early access purchases until my existing modules are finished to my satisfaction or at least show significant effort in that direction.

Having said that, my preference is for older, historic Korean/Vietnam/Arab-Israeli Cold War aircraft up to the early/mid 1970s. So I am more interested in the MiG-19P being completed and I really want the MiG-19S or its Chinese equivalent for historically accurate Vietnam and Arab-Israeli missions.

But of all the RAZBAM aircraft released/announced/or currently in progress, the MiG-23ML is the one I really want to see released and finished the most. It is a unique aircraft that would be extremely challenging to fly against its US teen fighter Cold War opponents. If ED ever gets to the late model F-4E, the MiG-23ML vs F-4E is almost a perfectly balanced DACT fight, similar to the MiG-21Bis vs F-5E.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The M2000C and AV-8B certainly need to be finished as soon as possible. I was under the impression RAZBAM had different teams for different aircraft so that they could have parallel progress in multiple projects. Bit this statement tells me there is a bottleneck, which tells me I should treat RAZBAM the same way I am treating some other DCS World 3rd parties whose progress on released modules is slow or non-existent: no more early access purchases until my existing modules are finished to my satisfaction or at least show significant effort in that direction.

That is the way I went. I am waiting for the Harrier to be completed which is now 2 years in early access with progress down to a crawl, and no road map as to when it will be completed in sight. So for me there will be no more Razbam early access purchases be it the Mig-19 or the Falklands map. I find the Mig-19 an interesting aircraft and one day I hope I can purchase it but that is dependant on the Harrier being completed. And the same goes for the Falklands map.

• Like 1

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm