In the Sale?

Andrew u.k.

• 3 months later...
Guys I know longer am selling OPF as of 1 Jan 2020.

Sorry to hear that, as it was one of the best A-10C campaigns :(

Wish you all the best on your future endeavors.

:thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much sir for one of the best campaigns I ever played in DCS!

Am I right that it also means OPF is not supported anymore since 1/1/2020 (and most recent 2.5.6 update isn't supported in particular) for people who already bought it? If I'm not mistaken there are upcoming updates in 2020 for the A-10C suite modeled in game, it might be a good motivation to redo or even buy new version of the campaign again.

Edited by lester

Все написанное выше является моим оценочным суждением

Everything written above reflects my personal opinion

Занимаюсь "активной пропагандой Американцев на данном форуме" © Flanker

If that's the case, I'm glad to have bought it when I did.

Recognizing that the DCS engine is always improving and evolving, I try to give a large amount of leeway to missions/campaigns composed by third parties. There's a challenge for sure, where the ground is constantly shifting under your feet as you're producing the module, let alone months or years after it's released. That said, there have been only a few glitches, but nothing glaring, and they're FAR outshone by the level of care and detail that went into this. The immersion factor is very high and I'm loving it so far :) Thank you so much for your work on this Ranger!

Am I right that it also means OPF is not supported anymore since 1/1/2020 (and most recent 2.5.6 update isn't supported in particular) for people who already bought it? If I'm not mistaken there are upcoming updates in 2020 for the A-10C suite modeled in game, it might be a good motivation to redo or even buy new version of the campaign again.

That is a great idea, I’d love to see an OPF 2.0 like Baltic Dragon did with TEW, and would most certainly buy it :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...

This is a huge loss. This campaign is one of the two best available for DCS in my opinion, and one of the best experiences you can have in the game. It shows what DCS is really capable of when done right.

It's shocking to me that ED doesn't try to make campaigns, of this calibre, in house every year. I feel like ED ignores a large percentage of the potential of their product. Not to support unfounded speculation, but I always fear that the few people who do produce these excellent campaigns will tire of fixing their work so often, after yet another patch breaks it, and will simply stop altogether. When there are no more decent working campaigns, I will be finished with DCS.

Anyway, sad to see OPF go. Your work is truly excellent Ranger79.

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

I only read about this just now. Good timing as I'm re-flying it again after a couple years, apparently for the very last time. Sad to see it fade out but I can understand the reasons behind it.