Nice little surprise in the update today

Ziptie

Nice bit of "unannounced" addition to the Hornet.

Would probably would have been worth highlighting in the notes. Aspect ratio, range, etc etc. Some good information and seems to have updated the accuracy of the Rmax / Rnoe. Now going to be searching for any other possible drops of system information/updates that weren't announced.

Cheers,

Don

Screen_191018_124205.thumb.png.5a7bf15c94442420516fdd89c19eb70e.png

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Nice bit of "unannounced" addition to the Hornet.

Would probably would have been worth highlighting in the notes. Aspect ratio, range, etc etc. Some good information and seems to have updated the accuracy of the Rmax / Rnoe. Now going to be searching for any other possible drops of system information/updates that weren't announced.

Cheers,

Don

Good discovery. This looks nice.

Let's probe more for such little surprises.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Second that - i noticed when i booted up the A2A its a good edition.

Roll on TWS...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

• ED Team
What is the attached screenshot illustrating ?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G975F mit Tapatalk

If you are tracking a target in STT and you press DATA on the SMS, you will get target information displayed on the SMS page.

Thanks

Awesome update, I’m eagerly awaiting these with of life additions that seem very close. Scan centering in RWS, bump acq, and trackfile functionality w/ undesignate button. Maybe those are emotes than QOL, settings defaults will be nice

Wags- that is properly displaying slant range correct? I really dislike that mental calculation.

Also, do Ed a the Charlie allow customization of what’s shown? I could swear it showed bandit reciprocal

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

It is very much WIP and why it was not listed in the release notes.

Thanks

I appreciate it's WIP, but should the data be showing dynamic real time A/C data? I was under the impression the DATA page displayed static release data for the previously released weapon. Similar to the data display in the A10C? For post mission analysis using the DDI recorder....

Also, I guess it's WIP but will the TONE1/2 option become available?

Good job on minor functions like this. It's not all TWS and TGP.

• ED Team
I appreciate it's WIP, but should the data be showing dynamic real time A/C data? I was under the impression the DATA page displayed static release data for the previously released weapon. Similar to the data display in the A10C? For post mission analysis using the DDI recorder....

Also, I guess it's WIP but will the TONE1/2 option become available?

Good job on minor functions like this. It's not all TWS and TGP.

Please wait until it is out of WIP.

Thanks

Wags- that is properly displaying slant range correct? I really dislike that mental calculation.

From some quick math I did, it seems the range is shown in Meters currently.

Take a look at my screenshot, you'll see I am 11NM from the target (I know the Hud wouldn't be as precise) and the readout is 20308. 11NM converts to 20372 metres, so it's within acceptable rounding margin of error.

Screen_191019_151117.thumb.png.645255020d5ea5fa1719ac37bd0e8446.png

My Rig:

CPU: i9-9900k - Corsair H150 Cooler. RAM: 32GB, 3200Mhz.

Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS Formula XI - Main Drive: 512GB NvME SSD

DCS Drive: 512GB NvME SSD - Graphics: GTX 1070 Ti. Display: 23" 1080p LG LCD.

Input: Razer Naga & Blackwidow Ultimate, TrackIR 5, HOTAS Warthog & MFDs (x4), Saitek Rudder Pedals, TurtleBeach PX22 Headset.

It can't be meters, that would be an odd unit. It's not yards either. All of the USN quick estimate equations are based on nm and feet, or degrees, etc. For example:

vertical displacement in feet = Antenna elevation angle * Slant Range * 100

In this case, the least precise number we have is antenna angle, but that its in the neighborhood of 6

6500/100/11 = 5.9. Interesting that ALT on stores is 6, which fits with elevation carrot on attack format.

SMS pages always has weapon info, release type, fuze, quantity, multiple, etc. This is the AA equivalent, w/ Rmax, Rne, Alt angle apparently, and aspect expressed unusually. The 20,000 number is also odd.

I am going to listen to wags and go with WIP on this, i've never seen it before but evidently it's something analogous to info that is displayed for ground targets. Remember some AA weapons have SMS options, small/med/large and RCS for Aim-120s as example.

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

I certainly agree WIP, that's why I was thinking meters - perhaps they haven't done unit conversion for display yet. I checked at other ranges as well and found that the number typically works out to a metric conversion of the displayed NM range within a small margin of error.

My Rig:

CPU: i9-9900k - Corsair H150 Cooler. RAM: 32GB, 3200Mhz.

Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS Formula XI - Main Drive: 512GB NvME SSD

DCS Drive: 512GB NvME SSD - Graphics: GTX 1070 Ti. Display: 23" 1080p LG LCD.

Input: Razer Naga & Blackwidow Ultimate, TrackIR 5, HOTAS Warthog & MFDs (x4), Saitek Rudder Pedals, TurtleBeach PX22 Headset.

It is very much WIP and why it was not listed in the release notes.

Thanks

Apologies for "highlighting" the feature here sir, as possibly not desired by the crew, but it is quite nice.

The A/G stuff is also appreciated - was so impressed in terms of the A/A stuff that I focused on that only and didn't load up any A/G ordinance. Will inspect upon return to home base and give it a go, hopefully after a quick hot fix has released for the issue(s) in the most recent OB release, which is impacting the performance of the A/G ordinance.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

It can't be meters, that would be an odd unit. It's not yards either. All of the USN quick estimate equations are based on nm and feet, or degrees, etc.

It's meters right now in the sim, I don't think the poster meant that it was correct, just observing it. And yeah, it's very much WIP. It's a nice little detail though, I'm happy it's being worked on. Livens up the Stores page.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

A couple more little Easter eggs for the SA page of the Hornet. Seems to be either last weapon target or the JTAC (can't tell as they were both in the same AO). Either way, another nice addition to your own SA of the battlefield. Thanks ED.

Might not be too clear of an image here, as it was a screen grab from VR - but it is the symbol (A) and ( ) .

Cheers,

Don

326818123_NewSApageadditionHornet.thumb.png.02a827d58f80d14a9b1356975fc548f3.png

700415375_NewSApageadditionHornet2.thumb.png.26fada353152880ac446d548893dc611.png

A couple more little Easter eggs for the SA page of the Hornet. Seems to be either last weapon target or the JTAC (can't tell as they were both in the same AO). Either way, another nice addition to your own SA of the battlefield. Thanks ED.

Might not be too clear of an image here, as it was a screen grab from VR - but it is the symbol (A) and ( ) .

Cheers,

Don

Pretty sure these are threat circles (the A standing for AAA), so nothing new here.

Pretty sure these are threat circles (the A standing for AAA), so nothing new here.

Really? Certainly not going to be 100% doubtful, but just truly can't recall ever seeing them before the most recent update (not hotfix) when the new A/A and A/G data was introduced to the Hornet.... Primarily because the second image doesn't have any letter inside the icon, and at another point it was just to lines, similar to () or /\ (but wasn't the icon for where the TGP was looking).

Definitely flown over AAA before, but in this case, it was BTR's, tanks and some random fuel/supply trucks on the Grim Reapers server. Would be interested to hear from Mr. Wagner or another ED member any expansion on this.

Thanks Bauer!

Cheers,

Don

Really? Certainly not going to be 100% doubtful, but just truly can't recall ever seeing them before the most recent update (not hotfix) when the new A/A and A/G data was introduced to the Hornet.... Primarily because the second image doesn't have any letter inside the icon, and at another point it was just to lines, similar to () or /\ (but wasn't the icon for where the TGP was looking).

Definitely flown over AAA before, but in this case, it was BTR's, tanks and some random fuel/supply trucks on the Grim Reapers server. Would be interested to hear from Mr. Wagner or another ED member any expansion on this.

Thanks Bauer!

Cheers,

Don

The circled A is AAA for sure, I've seen it several times. I don't know what the empty circle is, could be MANPADS, although I don't remember if they're supposed to appear on the SA page. I hide enemy SHORAD units in my missions, so AAA, Tunguskas etc aren't visible on my SA page, because I figure intel on their positions would be unreliable IRL anyway, so I could be wrong about the MANPADS. Anyway, it's easy to test.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro