Nice little surprise in the update today

Ziptie

The circled A is AAA for sure, I've seen it several times. I don't know what the empty circle is, could be MANPADS, although I don't remember if they're supposed to appear on the SA page. I hide enemy SHORAD units in my missions, so AAA, Tunguskas etc aren't visible on my SA page, because I figure intel on their positions would be unreliable IRL anyway, so I could be wrong about the MANPADS. Anyway, it's easy to test.

Could be due to the presence of SAM sites on the SA Page, as to why I haven't seen the (A) mark prior. Not sure how the GR guys setup their server(s) in terms of visibility for those types of things, but haven't seen it on the DDCS ones or recall it in single player - but the next time I get some virtual flight time in - will verify. Sadly, don't think that day is today. Thanks for the intel Harker!

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Can someone tell me what the 2 ASPCT angles are in this new display?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Can someone tell me what the 2 ASPCT angles are in this new display?

The aspect angle in the left side should be the contacts aspect, the one on the right is for the missile (fairly certain about that one but not 100%). In the picture, I have not yet foxed, which is why it has no value.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

The aspect angle in the left side should be the contacts aspect, the one on the right is for the missile (fairly certain about that one but not 100%). In the picture, I have not yet foxed, which is why it has no value.

Cheers,

Don

Hmm, not sure about that Don.

I thought that aspect angle is displayed through 0, 1L-17L, 180, 17R-1R, 0. On the display we are talking about, it seems to be 0-360 degrees, which I can only assume is supposed to be measured from enemy rear clockwise relative to its flight path.

On the right display, I ge a value for ASPCT whether I've fired or not.

Bit confused by this.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I thought that aspect angle is displayed through 0, 1L-17L, 180, 17R-1R, 0. On the display we are talking about, it seems to be 0-360 degrees, which I can only assume is supposed to be measured from enemy rear clockwise relative to its flight path.

Bit confused by this.

Yeah, as advertised - not really sure. I will be getting in to fly, thankfully, here within the next 30 minutes and will see if any further data can be sorted/confirmed/discovered.

Cheers,

Don

Bit confused by this.

Well, it was quite a hectic engagement, as there were 4 of them and 1 of me - but the right side of the display seems to be related to the missile, as it was changing rapidly after foxing. The left side sure seems to be related to the bandit's heading, and associated maneuvers. But Wags or a dev would be best to expand upon this at this point, for me personally. I wouldn't want to set a guarantee statement, and possibly mislead others into something. But those were my observations and feelings of the information being read of the system(s).

Looking forward to clarification, if possible. Mr. Wagner?

Cheers,

Don

Well, it was quite a hectic engagement, as there were 4 of them and 1 of me - but the right side of the display seems to be related to the missile, as it was changing rapidly after foxing. The left side sure seems to be related to the bandit's heading, and associated maneuvers. But Wags or a dev would be best to expand upon this at this point, for me personally. I wouldn't want to set a guarantee statement, and possibly mislead others into something. But those were my observations and feelings of the information being read of the system(s).

Looking forward to clarification, if possible. Mr. Wagner?

Cheers,

Don

Thanks Don. Try a less hectic mission like the stock sidewinder ones in Nevada, and it's easy to test this.

You're right, we need an explanation for this from ED, as it is not clear.

The left seems to go from 0 to 360 as we said, and that doesn't fit with how I though aspect angle should be shown, and the right figure is a mystery to me, as I get negative values, and I can't relate them to anything.

In my opinion, there are issues with the Viper displaying of aspect angle too, but I've posted a couple of times on that and have got no reply from ED.

It would be nice to get this clarified.

Thanks Don. Try a less hectic mission like the stock sidewinder ones in Nevada, and it's easy to test this.

You're right, we need an explanation for this from ED, as it is not clear.

The left seems to go from 0 to 360 as we said, and that doesn't fit with how I though aspect angle should be shown, and the right figure is a mystery to me, as I get negative values, and I can't relate them to anything.

In my opinion, there are issues with the Viper displaying of aspect angle too, but I've posted a couple of times on that and have got no reply from ED.

It would be nice to get this clarified.

Well from what I could tell, after too many hours of flying today to publicly admit.... eh hem...

Sure seems like the left column is bandit information and the right column is missile information. Took out 14 a/a targets, 39 a/g targets and 1 ship today. Got in an a/a refuel as well. 2 losses, so probably still got my wings clipped... But it was fun.

Also, discovered that there is an additional VR zoom - not sure when the "spyglass" was introduced - but makes one heck of a difference in spotting things on the ground, but don't use it too much for aerial spotting. But thanks ED!

Still would like to have a dev chime in though.

Cheers,

Don

If you’re referring to the two numbers either side of the ‘SHOOT’ cue on the radar page....

The left number will be between 0-18 and is the Maximum Aspect Cue. This is the maximum the target will have to turn to defeat the missile. So obviously the higher the better.

The right number is the missile time of flight for the next missile to on the rail.

This is from memory but correct I think. It’s all in the Early access guide.

Thanks, but, no, we're not talking about that. We're talking about the new feature introduced recently. See the image posted in post #1.

I guess we'll just have to leave it for now as it's WIP. Looks like a really useful feature though.

If you’re referring to the two numbers either side of the ‘SHOOT’ cue.

No sir, see original post, with image.

Cheers,

Don

Good findings, guys. I think it's still very much WIP, that's why we see the distance in meters, aspect in degrees etc; they're the raw values. Or this could actually be OK and that part of the page is intended for post flight analysis, where having the raw values might be more useful. The values are also too accurate, I think, I don't know if our radar can determine the bandit's altitude down to 1 ft resolution, for example. Anyway, I'm happy to wait for more info from the devs.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro