[REPORTED] TOO Mode Switches to PP After Firing a JSOW

boo_n_817

I'm not a complainer but it seems every time DCS updates, an existing feature gets screwed up. So this time, after firing 1 JSOW in TOO mode, it switches back to PP mode and you can't pick another target and fire. You have to return to the Stores menu and start over again with the Fuez, JSOW Display, MSN, etc.. By the time you do all that, you're dead. Please fix this.

• ED Team
Just tried to attach the Track file but there's a limit of 5Mb. Mine is 38Mb, just to the point of the mission in question.

If you can setup a short mission with an air start you can create a shorter track, we just need to see the problem in the shortest time possible so we can reproduce

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

If you can setup a short mission with an air start you can create a shorter track, we just need to see the problem in the shortest time possible so we can reproduce

thanks

Here you go. You can see it switch to PP Mode after I fire. Also, it took several attempts to actually fire the JSOW, which is not normal.

JSOW_TOO_TEST.trk

Hello,

Same problem here. I set up the PP1, PP2 stuff same as I did previously. When I try to fire they sometimes won't fire, but also it automatically switches to TOO and seems to overwrite the coordinates. Even if I manually switch back to PP1/2, try to fire again it will auto-switch to TOO when it does eventually fire. Sometimes multiple drop, sometimes one, and typically all of the JDAMS or JSOWS will hit the same target.

I'm using the same method I used previously which worked so I can't help but think an update somewhere broke something. If this can be looked into we'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

• ED Team

will ask the Devs to clarify

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

TOO Mode Switches to PP After Firing a JSOW

After the last patch 2.5.5.38140

The switch to TOO mode is still present.

Track

- I store target 1 coodinates to PP1 and PP2 on station 2

- I store target 2 coodinates to PP3 on station 2

- I store target 3 coodinates to PP1 and PP2 on station 8

- I store target 4 coodinates to PP3 on station 8

- go back to PP1 on station 8

- fire the bomb

- station 2 is selected with TOO mode

- switch back to PP mode, old PP1 coordinates are now erased

- use PP2 to fire on target 1

Same behavior if I use the step button

It also happened the other way around.

Switched to PP after i selected TOO in the first bomb.

Switched back to TOO. Dropped it, and went straight to PP on number 3.

DCS A-10C II Warthog, DCS AV-8B, DCS F/A-18C. DCS F-16C DCS KA-50 III, DCS F-14B. DCS AH-64 Apache. DCS Mirage F1. DCS F-15E.
System: Z690 - i9-12900k - RTX 3080ti - 32gb ram - 2tb NVME - 2x2tb HDD - TM Hotas Warthog - MFG Rudders - Trackir/VR

JDAM stations don't remember their coordinate and mode

I followed the process of QTY -> select all 4 stations -> MSN -> TOO -> use TGP to designate a target -> switch mode to PP -> STEP to next station -> repeat. But after i step to the next station, the previous one lost all its configuration and revert back to TOO mode.

jdam bug.trk

[MISSNG TRACK FILE] JSOW/JDAM PP mode completely broken now.

STEP should not default to TOO mode. There's no way after the patch to cycle through the PP stored data without erasing them all.

What's worse, when you pickle, it reverts to TOO mode, which causes the most recent target to now be in memory. There is no way to switch back to PP mode without overwriting the old value, and leaving it in TOO mode obviously won't work.

See if this helps: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=253180

TL;DR is don't switch any station back to PP mode with a point still designated. Undesignate before switching.

The stations aren't 'forgetting' the coordinates, the designated point is overwriting it.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

[NEED TRACK REPLAY]JDAM/JSOW can be released before alignment complete

Before alignment is complete with the JDAM/JSOW (even if other constraints are met like master arm), the indication is X'd out on the STORES format, indicating A/G Ready is false. However, you can still drop the bombs. I believe this is a bug and they should not be usable until alignment is complete.

In addition, I found that JDAM and LGB have different degrees of offset targets. This is by no means the normal ammunition error in the past. Even if the most accurate coordinates are input and wait for the JDAM to complete the correction, the deviation is still very serious; the situation of laser guided bombs is much better, but there are still some errors.

I dropped a JDAM while the alignment was still showing as MARG - but certainly didn't hit anything other than the water. That is one reason why you leave the master arm off until you are ready to employ some freedom.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• ED Team

The team are looking into this, there is a bit of a grey area at the moment about how it should be implemented. When we know more we will pass it on.

Thanks

JDAM TOO -> PP bug

I have the same issue:

I'm using the Rippling
by Grim Reapers.

Since last update, when i use the step function to switch from station or release a bomb, it automaticaly switch to TOO mode. By the way, it erase PP1 stored coodinates with last coordinates from TGP

Track: Tracks

Original post = https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4079813&postcount=81

Edited by AstonMartinDBS

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H