F-14B Bomb Will Not Always Drop

Psyph3r

In "CCIP" or "CCRP", there are times that my bombs just don't want to drop whilst holding weapon release. I've had all the correct settings via Jester and my panels, but sometimes they "just decide" not to drop, heh. Good Gs have this effect? I try not to pull too hard for bombs, considering I don't want to mess up my alignment too much.

Thank you for your input.:)

P.S. I have a few threads today as I didn't have time this week, sry :smilewink:

--=_Flying Since LOMAC_=--

I've had this issue too a couple of times, I think jester may be fouling something up if you tell him to change a lot of settings. Telling him to select mk 82 or whatever again has helped.

Or it may just be me that's doing something wrong.

Things to check:

-INS fine alignement, and not having suffered over-G

-AG mode

-Master arms on

-HUD reads 'ord'

-Having all the pertinent weapon stations armed, and only the pertinent ones (RIO)

-Having the correct bomb mode selected (RIO)

-Having the correct weapons selected (RIO)

I've had this issue too a couple of times, I think jester may be fouling something up if you tell him to change a lot of settings. Telling him to select mk 82 or whatever again has helped.

Or it may just be me that's doing something wrong.

I also tried re-asking Jester to equip the ordinance and didn't work sadly:(

Things to check:

-INS fine alignement, and not having suffered over-G

-AG mode

-Master arms on

-HUD reads 'ord'

-Having all the pertinent weapon stations armed, and only the pertinent ones (RIO)

-Having the correct bomb mode selected (RIO)

-Having the correct weapons selected (RIO)

Yes, I double and triple-checked all of your points :) Thanks for the feedback. Good info for many, I'm sure:)

I tried it yesterday with CCIP, 8 bombs fell without problems everytime I pressed the button.

Yes, oddly, one time 4 dropped and the other 4 didn't without over-ging..

• 3 months later...

I'm pretty sure I've encountered this before too. But since I started double checking the settings at the IP. I haven't seen it happen since. I figure Jester must've been messing something up after I switched out of A/G mode.

Edited by CommanderRabb

Modules - F-18, F-16, Spitfire, F-5, Supercarrier, F-14, A10-C, MiG-21, Huey

I also forget sometimes to make sure no A-A weapons are selected as well prior to switching to A-G.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

I cannot reproduce this. My bombs drop every time, even under hasty/harsh flying conditions. I select A2G, masterarm on, tell Jester to select payload, tell him to either computer pilot or computer target and release.

Can you show us a video please that clear shows your actions step by step?

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Is fine alignment required to drop bombs?

No, I just broke the INS allignment at 09, took off and dropped bombs.

OP, Computer Target mode (CCRP) require certain parameters and actions to be succesful.

http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/weapons.html#computer-target

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• 3 weeks later...

I am having a similar issue.

Loadout is 2x AIM-9Ms, 2x AIM-7MHs, 2x drop tanks, and 4x Mk-82 Snakeye.

-A2G selected

-Master Arm on

-Order Jester to select MK-82 SNAKEYE

-Order Jester to select ripple quantity of 28

-Order Jester to select ripple time of 10ms

Attempt to drop bombs in Computer Pilot, but no release. I've found that Jester does not always change from Mk-82L to Mk-82H (and vice versa) despite you selecting the only available option in the appropriate weapons select menu.

• 2 months later...

I have had a problem similar to this but even weirder. So me and my rio were trying to bomb something. He selects the pylon with all the bombs and puts it into ccip mode, but it refuses to drop. But when we switched it to manual it worked fine and also worked fine with ccrp. This has happened to me and my rio on multiple occasions.

Edited by Tinysnipe

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I've been quite busy for a bit.

I'm pretty sure I've encountered this before too. But since I started double checking the settings at the IP. I haven't seen it happen since. I figure Jester must've been messing something up after I switched out of A/G mode.

Yes, he does seem to be screwing something up in some way.

Side note: Sometimes Jester doesn't deselect the bomb that's been dropped or the front dash/panel is still telling me that it's there.

I also forget sometimes to make sure no A-A weapons are selected as well prior to switching to A-G.

Cheers!

Good thing to keep an eye out for, but I don't usually have it selected. TY:)

Another possibility: if you tell jester to jettison fuel tanks you will have to tell him to select bombs again afterwards

Thanks for the tip! I'll keep my eye out:)

I cannot reproduce this. My bombs drop every time, even under hasty/harsh flying conditions. I select A2G, masterarm on, tell Jester to select payload, tell him to either computer pilot or computer target and release.

Can you show us a video please that clear shows your actions step by step?

I'll show you a video IronMike, when I start recording soon, if it happens again, thank you:thumbup:

P.S. I've been having issues with getting missions to work due to an uninstall/reinstall, so it may be a little bit.