Campaign updates

Reflected

With 'Fear the Bones!' just around the corner, I can't emphasize enough how different this campaign will be from most of my other campaigns. I made it for those who love the 80s, Tomcats and want to have fun rather than the hardcore realism nuts. Therefore, I prepared a half-serious decision chart to help you figure out whether or not it's for you 😉

FTB_Quiz.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

DCS 2.7.5.10869 Open Beta update

For this one I had to update every one of my campaigns, implementing workarounds for AI bugs that broke several of my missions. Now even if these core bugs aren't fixed, the missions will still be possible to complete.

I also included quite a bit of Flak and AAA tuning, because its lethality and aggressiveness in the core game changes quite a bit. I've had several missions that had been OK for years, but became a complete flak slaughterhouse in the last update. Good news is, ED is getting really close to fine tuning Flak to match historical data. Once that makes it into the game, I can finalize flak in my missions once and for all.

I also added some improvements and fixed random bugs that you guys reported - please keep letting me know if you find anything odd, it makes it much easier to tackle these problems in time.

Thanks a lot for your support!

Changelog:

Horrido

- Mission 3 revised time of day

- Mission 3 updated AAA

- Mission 7 revised time of day

- Mission 11: updated AAA

- Mission 12: updated AAA

- Workaround for the stuck infantry bug

Jagdflieger

- Mission 5 updated AAA

- Mission 8 workaround for ship flak being too deadly

- Mission 11: updated AAA

Blue Nose Bastards of Bodney

- Flak lethality workarounds

Wolfpack

Hunters over the Yalu

The Big Show

Zone 5

Fear the Bones

- Mission 5: workaround for the Hornets crashing on takeoff bug

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, unlikely_spider said:

^ That is why I will always buy Reflected's campaigns

(Among other reasons)

+1 .. yes, his level of support is amazing, thanks for the updates ... I loved his Bf-109 video tutorial so much, that I'm now replaying the jagdflieger Campaign for the second time. 👍   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 8/18/2021 at 8:08 AM, Reflected said:

I’m posting this picture as a teaser of something truly epic to come. Guess all you want, I won’t say anything else just yet. Hardcore Tomcat fans may be able to figure it out if they check the details carefully 😉

C9879AC3-85D5-4DFB-8782-BBF1BFCF52B3.jpeg

Another Tomcat campaign from Reflected?!?

That's awesome news! thanks for the heads up!

• Like 2

System: 7800X3D / Asus RTX 4090 OC / 64GB 3600mhz / Pimax Crystal / VKB GF3 Ultimate

I've never flown a Huey, but I have flown Kiowas and Blackhawks. In Afghanistan there were many times I bounced in my hover to the strip and then either bounced a bit or drug the skids to get a Kiowa in the air. As you said, it's important not to turn the tail into the wind and to take off into the wind, hopefully there is some wind. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great news! I just finished 'Paradise Lost' and sent it to some friends for final testing. It feels so great when you have something in your mind, a fantasy, and then for the first time you experience it in game. It's no longer just a fantasy, but a mission, with all the events and conversations that you dreamed up, and others can finally experience it too. I've always been 'afraid' of making a helo campaign, but now I'm confident that you're going to love the result. It's everything I wanted it to be and more.

PL_19.jpg

• Like 6