Proper orders to JESTER AI?

Stratos

I would also like a detailed explanation of every Jester command and their current setting (not all settings show what is currently set). Some are off course self explanatory, but some come to mind:

What is the behavioral differences in setting radar mode to TWS or RWS or Auto?

What does Ground Stabilize do?

Jester CMS settings, what will Jester do? Only chaff? Or can he also pop flares? How to setup what jester does automatically?

Edited by chrisofsweden

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

I haven't done it myself, but I guess you will find answers in the rio part of the manual. Especially the "AN/AWG-9 Weapon Control System (WCS)" chapter. There I would look for first

No. It does not describe Jester settings there at all.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz

I would also like a detailed explanation of every Jester command and their current setting (not all settings show what is currently set). Some are off course self explanatory, but some come to mind:

What is the behavioral differences in setting radar mode to TWS or RWS or Auto?

What does Ground Stabilize do?

Jester CMS settings, what will Jester do? Only chaff? Or can he also pop flares? How to setup what jester does automatically?

Radar Modes RWS/TWS/AUTO is certainly explained in the "AN/AWG-9 Weapon Control System (WCS)" chapter.

You won't be able to get around dealing with the functioning of radar and other systems in order to be able to operate them (effectively).

But there are also videos from Jabbers, Redkite etc. covering various topics .

This is what I found in the manual regarding Ground Stabilize:

The left selector knob on the panel controls displayed TID mode (10). GND STAB (ground stabilized) mode stabilizes the display to the ground meaning that the display is fixed while own aircraft moves on the display. True north is used as up on the display. A/C STAB (aircraft stabilized) mode stabilizes the display to own aircraft meaning that the diplay moves along with own aircraft which stays put on the display. Own aircraft heading is used as up on the display. ATTK (attack) functions in the same manner as A/C STAB but superimposes the attack steering symbology. TV selects the TCS for display on the TID. Disables normal tactical presentation on the TID and on the HSD.

The strange thing is that I didn't find this passage in the PDF version of the manual, only online. And as for Jesters behaviour regarding firing flares and chaffs, I don't know any more first of all. But I found this (old) thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=234649

Yeah I know you must read to understand how the radar works. Yes, in the ground stabilize example that would answer my question. How do you tell jester to automatically dispense both chaff and flares? And what is the default behavior?

Edited by chrisofsweden

Also, am getting mixed results with Jester and A2A engagements. Seems like I have to be pretty much on the exact same alt as bandits 50nm away to spot them on radar. I can see them via datalink, but no radar contacts, so Jester won't lock them up.

I've tried fiddling with radar elevation setting set to medium-low and low and also the range/alt settings, and it rarely make a difference. Then I have to decend to bogey alt, and the radar then sees them. :/

Imho, if Jester is set to auto radar elevation, if I'm head on with bogeys 50nm away, and I can see them via datalink on the TID, you would think Jester would maintain radar elevation so the ownship radar see them and he can lock them up... :/

So the question here is, am I dong something wrongs with the Jester radar settings?

I usually tell Jester to go with 50nm scan distance and radar mode to TWS.

Jester doesn't use the radar, it only pushes buttons. Also he's very bad at switching between RWS and TWS.

As a pilot you need to work double since Jester doesn't do his job well.

You should tell him if he should use TWS or RWS, never use auto.

Also you need to tell him where to look, he's very VERY lazy and doesn't use the radar to search and/or track targets.

For elevation you can tell him to look at a certain distance and altitude, the low / mi-low / mid ... options are not the best option in most cases.

I hope this Jester lazyness gets fixed because right now we have more work to do as pilots with this AI than we have in the F-18 flying alone.

Nothing to fix because it is not implemented yet. Jester doesn't yet search with the radar nor does he change AZ and EL himself.

When you set the radar altitude at the target range correctly - you just set the antenna elevation angle so that the target is in the cone. If you and the target keep flying level toward each other you will loose the target when it escapes from the cone. So either keep descending with the same angle or go same alt and set EL to level. You'll still want to be lower than your target when you're closer both to prevent target notching and keeping locks in pulse mode.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Jester doesn't yet search with the radar nor does he change AZ and EL himself.

You can also set Jester radar option "Auto EL/AZ". What does that do then? Just cancel/reset any previous specific "range/alt" or "low-midlow-middle" commands and revert to static center elevation?

It would be nice if at least the low/midlow/middle settings where labled with degrees too.

E.g. "Middle (0 deg.), "Middle-Low (-5 deg.)" etc.

The low mid low etc settings need adjustment, they are too steep atm. It is better to use the precise elevation at range setting at the moment.

The Auto EL/AZ basically recenters it atm, this will become more important once TWS Auto is working for example.

As for active scan patterns, we think it is best to wait until TWS Auto works, to then see what gaps are left for Jester to fill.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

The low mid low etc settings need adjustment, they are too steep atm. It is better to use the precise elevation at range setting at the moment.

The Auto EL/AZ basically recenters it atm, this will become more important once TWS Auto is working for example.

As for active scan patterns, we think it is best to wait until TWS Auto works, to then see what gaps are left for Jester to fill.

Thanks for clearing that up IronMike. Please make sure you guys include detailed explanations of all Jester commands in the manual at some point.