[need track replay]AI landing in sea not on Stennis??

tmansteve

Hi All

Can't believe I have actually achieved landing the Harrier on a carrier. So I set up a flight with some AI and gave them the same waypoints as myself and the last waypoint to land. After I landed, I got out of my plane to watch them land only to see them come in and hover to the right and crash into the sea and explode.

Should I have had a single group for each AI or given each AI in the group their own waypoints? Or, is it something else?

Hope I have explained myself OK. :helpsmilie:

Cheers

I'm afraid there is nothing you can do. This is a bug which has been reported for quite some time now and no fix yet. I'm assuming it's because the AI landing code/scripts must be fixed or updated by ED and not RazBam. I believe it may be fixed (hopefully) when ED releases the new Carrier module. We can only hope because I'm finding it rather rediculous that my AI wingmen cannot land back on the Tarawa. Makes mission building a useless operation.

• ED Team

Hi

do you have a track replay or the mission, if so please attach so we can take a look.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I overwritten the missions as i was trying different things out. I started from scratch and found that with 1 AI, the plane landed OK. With 3, one would land and then as the next 2 came in, they landed together on top of one another exploding. When I have more time, I will post mission etc.

Cheers

• ED Team

I just tried with a group of three and they seemed to land ok, hopefully your mission will show the problem, better.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2