VKB Black Box

Sokol1_br

I would really just as soon plug in a throttle to it's own usb rather than to a black box housing both stick and throttle. Same with pedals. At least that is what I am used to now.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 6 months later...
To list only a couple, the new BB provides for much higher current conductivity (1A vs 0.15A).

they must use external power or recommend a powered usb hub, a line of devices that search such precision cant be at hands of the pc that can have power problems or under gaming is stressed the psu.

I have tell that to VKB for years, also the rudders mus have protection for the electronics inside.....it live on the ground cant have the contacts exposed.

future, the throttle, some lcd screnns? panels, etc.

must go for an external power source.

Edited by RFC Rudel

I have just bought the T-rudder. I already have the Gunfighter II Pro.

I tried to connect both my joystick and the T-rudder on the same black and orange metal boxes but both systems are not reconized by the box.

it's one or the other.

Afterwards I connected my T-rudder via the black box to an USB port, my gunfighter with his orange box to another usb port and all was working fine...

But the purpose of the box is to connect these two elements on only one box...so what I am missing ?

Thx for your help.

The purpose of connecting a joystick and the rudders at the same Black Box is to create toe brakes by combining their axes. So connect both your joystick and rudder to the same Black Box, flash it to the latest firmware, reset it to default and calibrate it (include the rudders in the calibration too). This should make them work together.

Pay attention at the firmware you're flashing as they are different for orange and black Black Boxes (firmware for black Black Box has an MK2 in the name of the file). The rudders won't show up in the device list of the configurator if you choose to combine them through the same BB.

The only grip from VKB lineup that won't work with rudders without some extra adjustments is the MCG Pro grip WITH twist module (too many axes).

Check VKB's youtube page for flashing and calibrating procedure. Only the grip has to be flashed, if the rudders are in the same BB they don't have to be flashed or used in combination with extra software.

Edited by fallout9

The purpose of connecting a joystick and the rudders at the same Black Box is to create toe brakes by combining their axes. So connect both your joystick and rudder to the same Black Box, flash it to the latest firmware, reset it to default and calibrate it (include the rudders in the calibration too). This should make them work together.

Pay attention at the firmware you're flashing as they are different for orange and black Black Boxes (firmware for black Black Box has an MK2 in the name of the file). The rudders won't show up in the device list of the configurator if you choose to combine them through the same BB.

The only grip from VKB lineup that won't work with rudders without some extra adjustments is the MCG Pro grip WITH twist module (too many axes).

Check VKB's youtube page for flashing and calibrating procedure. Only the grip has to be flashed, if the rudders are in the same BB they don't have to be flashed or used in combination with extra software.

Ok check on that ! Thxxxxx

So I think that I will use my current setting, two VKB items with two different boxes. I don't need brakes and I don't want to set the mess in my current configuration...