New Clouds Discussion

Mizzy

Hopefully this includes a rework of the atmospheric boundary layers and turbulence in particular at some point. Looking forward to getting knocked about while flying in bad weather.

• Like 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

I think it's fair to say they will come with 2.7.

They initially announced  we would get them with 2.6, then they said they'd skip 2.6 altogether and go straight to 2.7.

That doesn't leave much room for misinterpretation, I'd say.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

On 1/16/2021 at 11:49 PM, Steph said:

Looking really good, wasn't this stoked for an update since 2.5 and EDGE 🙂

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

1 hour ago, kobaltkloud said:

Flying "through" clouds however is my biggest dream ever, here is what I mean:

Amen, same here. But to do so while on the hunt, in a viper or a tomcat..

1 hour ago, kobaltkloud said:

Thanks again for the update and the "2021 and beyond" video, never thought virtual clouds could bring tears to me eyes!

Haha same happened to me, but it didn't come unexpected at all 😉

• Like 2

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

Those printscreens are not from DCS, right ?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

8 hours ago, Lenux said:

Those printscreens are not from DCS, right ?

Which ones? Check out the recent Hornet videos by Wags (on youtube, or in this thread) all of them feature the new clouds coming to DCS in 2.7

7 hours ago, Lurker said:

Which ones? Check out the recent Hornet videos by Wags (on youtube, or in this thread) all of them feature the new clouds coming to DCS in 2.7

I can't find those 2 printscreens right now 

But those clouds look absolutely beautiful 

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

• 2 weeks later...

Have you seen the new cloud trailer on Youtube??

I'm litterally blown away!! 😍🤯

March... So close, and so far from now at the same time!!! Can't wait...

Edited by Pride37
  • Like 6

"An optimist is a guy who plants two seeds and runs to buy a hammock"

Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | 32Go Corsair Vengeance 32Go DDR5 6000Mt/s CL30 | MasterLiquid ML360R | Corsair NVMe M.2 1To x2 | Seagate 2To SATA III | TM Warthog stick base w/ F/A-18C grip + WW Orion 2 throttle w/ F/A-18C grips | FSSB R3 L w/ TM F-16C grip + TM Viper TQS | MFG Crosswind V3 w/ damper kit | Meta Quest 3 128Go | Dell S2722DGM

Mirage 2000C | F/A-18C | F-16C | Su-33 | Mig 29 | Supercarrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandie 2.0 | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai

There does seem to be a bit of a worry from some people that the new clouds are going to cause a massive fps penalty. Am I right in thinking that as they are launching with 2.7 we are also due the first version of DCS on Vulkan at the same time?

21 hours ago, Hoirtel said:

There does seem to be a bit of a worry from some people that the new clouds are going to cause a massive fps penalty. Am I right in thinking that as they are launching with 2.7 we are also due the first version of DCS on Vulkan at the same time?

Vulkan might not be planned for 2.7, but there is no reason to think that there might be some much needed optimization done to the base core engine and the DirectX runtimes in that particular patch. So far what we've heard from Eagle Dynamics is that the FPS drop should be pretty negligible. 

• Like 1

Ah yeah. I should have checked the letters on the forum. I wasn't too worried about any fps drop, just seem that some of the streamers are expecting it. I'm just looking forward to cloud surfing in VR for the first time! Can't decide what a/c to use. Probably gotta be a warbird...

1 hour ago, Reaper2 said:

Have the new clouds been delayed? The video used to say it's coming in March but they changed it to "We are excited to bring this to you later this year."

Ah shame. I must admit I didn't see the original message, but I did find it odd that this seemed to be the only place where a timeframe was mentioned. However having said that I do remember the F16 launch the date was provided in the YT description and not mentioned in the video!

• ED Team

The video is correct, clouds are planned for later in the year, planned for Q1 2021 we made this clear in the newsletter. It is a plan, if it changes we will let you know.

So far on track.

thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yeah, everything with ED is subject to change. Delays should not surprise anyone by now, unless they are really new, although disappointment seems to always lurk just around the corner with regards to time-frames and eagle dyanmics. 

In this case, it was probably a case of my big mouth mentioning "March" as a tentative date, so admins removed it, just in case this "date" was missed so people wouldn't cry about it. 

Still if they are not coming in March, and they are not coming sooner, then they are not coming in Q1....

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

The video is correct, clouds are planned for later in the year, planned for Q1 2021 we made this clear in the newsletter. It is a plan, if it changes we will let you know.

So far on track.

thanks

Yes, thanks for adding that. If I were you guys, I would launch everything as a surprise. All these sexy videos just creates hunger.....

They look great! Keep up the great work.

• Like 1