Reporting bugs!

FAB Maverick

1 - INS POSITION UPDATE Not working.

The REC and VAL button lights up but the waypoint position doesn't change.

2 - V/UHF RADIO NOT UPDATING CHANGED FREQUENCY

What happens is... imagine that you set 127.500 manual and preset 1 is 133.000.

The key is to PRESET position, so the frequency is 133.000.

if you move the key to MANUAL position, it should update to 127.500, but, the frequency STILLS ON 133.000 Mhz...

to correct the bug, you will need to change the numbers and come back to 127.500.

The same happens if you move the key from manual to preset position. You will need to change the channel, for example, preset 2 and come back to desired preset!

3 - DECOL LIGHT TURNS ON AFTER LANDING

None procedure turns it off. Autopilot neither FBW tests... the solution is to Just take off again.

4 - Radar with difficulties to find contacts, especially the ones above you.

5- Super 530 loosing target exactly 2s from impact.

1 - INS POSITION UPDATE Not working.

The REC and VAL button lights up but the waypoint position doesn't change.

2 - V/UHF RADIO NOT UPDATING CHANGED FREQUENCY

What happens is... imagine that you set 127.500 manual and preset 1 is 133.000.

The key is to PRESET position, so the frequency is 133.000.

if you move the key to MANUAL position, it should update to 127.500, but, the frequency STILLS ON 133.000 Mhz...

to correct the bug, you will need to change the numbers and come back to 127.500.

The same happens if you move the key from manual to preset position. You will need to change the channel, for example, preset 2 and come back to desired preset!

3 - DECOL LIGHT TURNS ON AFTER LANDING

None procedure turns it off. Autopilot neither FBW tests... the solution is to Just take off again.

4 - Radar with difficulties to find contacts, especially the ones above you.

5- Super 530 loosing target exactly 2s from impact.

Are you on Open Beta or Stable ?

1/ You need to press VAL to validate the update. Will update position to the correct Waypoint position, not designated position though -> known bug, already reported

2/ Known and already reported in Bug section

3/ Not a bug, double tap on Paddle switch (FBW reset) :thumbup:

4/ Radar Issues were solved on latest Open Beta version. If you're on Beta, a lot can explain drop contacts without being bugs

5/ I personally don't have this issue

6/ Known bug, already reported

Bugs should be reported in the Bug Reports section, add tracks to help Razbam work on it.

Elwood will 'soon' review all reported bugs

1 -> bugged since ever

2 -> bugged since nearly a year

3 -> No bug. It just says that the TO configuration is not met. I recommend to just activate / deactivate the AP.

4 -> Radar is currently under rework by Elwood

5 -> Not a known bug, maybe just bad luck?

6 -> (INS bombing, you numbered it 7) Bugged since ever

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

2: I just select manual mode before setting the frequency. But since they are coding a newer radio control panel I wouldn’t expect a bug fix on this one.

3: the plane warns you when you’re on ground and Trim isn’t neutral.

Since you trim for landing, when you touch down the condition is triggered.

Press and release AP SBY button reset the trim and you’re good. After a few ladings, you just do it without thinking.

You should have this button mapped to your stick since it’s very handy and also used to trim the aircraft in flight.

5: are you aware of “beaming” defensive manoeuvre ? You need to maintain target in look up to counter that.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Are you on Open Beta or Stable ?

1/ You need to press VAL to validate the update. Will update position to the correct Waypoint position, not designated position though -> known bug, already reported

2/ Known and already reported in Bug section

3/ Not a bug, double tap on Paddle switch (FBW reset) :thumbup:

4/ Radar Issues were solved on latest Open Beta version. If you're on Beta, a lot can explain drop contacts without being bugs

5/ I personally don't have this issue

6/ Known bug, already reported

Bugs should be reported in the Bug Reports section, add tracks to help Razbam work on it.

Elwood will 'soon' review all reported bugs

Hello my friend!

Sorry.. i am new in this forum... mistakes happens:thumbup:

I am using the OPEN BETA version!

i will look for the bug section!

thks

2: I just select manual mode before setting the frequency. But since they are coding a newer radio control panel I wouldn’t expect a bug fix on this one.

3: the plane warns you when you’re on ground and Trim isn’t neutral.

Since you trim for landing, when you touch down the condition is triggered.

Press and release AP SBY button reset the trim and you’re good. After a few ladings, you just do it without thinking.

You should have this button mapped to your stick since it’s very handy and also used to trim the aircraft in flight.

5: are you aware of “beaming” defensive manoeuvre ? You need to maintain target in look up to counter that.

humm... trim.. i didn't think that! I was retesting the fbw and AP and was not working. i will try this tip! Tks!

could you explain the number 5 again? didn't understand what u said! I try to keep the target locked and right in the center of the hud.... but.. when the missile is almost hitting it, the radar miss the lock (and the missile too. )

Chen looking down, the radar uses Doppler effect to detect targets against ground clutter.

Closing contact will shift returning radar wave to higher frequency.

Moving away contact will shift the returning radar wave to lower frequency.

The ground doesn't move, so ground clutter will have a closing speed = own speed. Contact within this closing velocity will be filtered out by the radar.

Of course this isn't one specific speed. This is +/-60kt.

The defensive maneuver called "beaming" is going down and putting radar threat at 90° (3 or 9 o'clock), so the closing velocity will be the same as the ground, and the contact will be filtered out.

It does work more or less on all DCS fighters. Shooting Fox 1, you need to keep the contact above horizon until impact so the radar doesn't use Doppler filter.

And by the way: enemy are beaming, allies are notching...but this is the same thing. It's just to avoid confusion about who does what on the radio.

PS: mistake in the video, with Fox 1 you beam/ notch the radar, not the missile.

Against Fox 3 you do have to beam the missile.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Engine sound dies after engine start but engine is still running.

A number of buttons such as engine start and input for the INS don't have any kind of visible response to being pressed i.e the button doesn't visually depress and you can't hear it being pressed.