[CORRECT AS IS] Empty weight too high

Bushmanni

Tried to report on this already but it got moved to a chit chat thread and buried there so repost.

Different Viper manuals give wildly different empty weights for block 50 vipers. Especially notable is the HAF Viper that has extra features bolted on it worth of about 2000 lbs (CFT, internal ECM, electronics updates, Have Glass RCS reduction paint job) that are not present on Viper modeled in DCS. The empty weight in DCS is pretty close to that of HAF Viper but we don't have any of the bells and whistles of that plane. Having to carry around extra ~2000 lbs degrades turn performance significantly and while the DCS Viper conforms pretty well to the real life EM charts it can't do it with a decent fuel load.

As per forum rules I can't provide any hard data but I suppose devs will manage to get some verification to this through their own channels.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

• ED Team
... For example HAF F-16 empty weight is about 21000 lbs and USAF F-16 is about 18900 lbs...

Thanks for the image. The empty weight for performance calculations in USAF manual is way less than in your image...

Did I find correct messages?

You are correct saying that there are a lot different weights. We are modelling the aircraft that has empty weight (pilot, oil, unusable fuel, wingtip launchers) 19900 lbs approximately. Plus 293 lbs for full drum of rounds. This amounts to 20200 lbs in total, which is very close to what you can see in the editor.

These numbers are for US F-16C bl.50. AFAIK, HAF F-16C bl.50/52 are even heavier as you've mentioned.

Also, don't forget that GE129 engine is heavier than the others.

Edited by cofcorpse