DCS-BIOS 0.8.0 prerelease feedback thread

FSFIan

The network feature is very handy for me, big improvement.

I haven’t tried yet, but is it possible to connect a panel to my laptop usb and use it in DCS on my Sim-computer with this?

Regards

F

The DCS-BIOS Hub is running on the computer that DCS is running on, and as such can only connect to that computer's serial ports.

You could grab a Windows build of socat from a 0.7.x release and try this from the command line:

mode COM1 BAUD=250000 PARITY=N DATA=8 STOP=1 TO=off DTR=off

socat tcp4-connect:dcsComputerIp:7778 /dev/ttyS0

/dev/ttyS0 would be COM1, for COMn use /dev/ttyS(n-1)

Hi,

Thanks for the great DCS-BIOS and for sharing the HUB version, it's just a fantastic piece of software.

I just installed the "smoking" latest release 0.9.0 which has some major changes on fetching the modules.

I guess it is checking other repositories on Github which is great.

Regarding the F16, I notice I don't get any data on the "Engine Tachometer Indicator" in the Control Reference. Others like Engine Nozzle Position Indicator and Engine FTIT is working.

Could this be something with my module? I read somewhere that the DCSBios for F16 was complete.

Please enlighten me on how to troubleshoot further

(running the OpenBeta DCS)

Brg Magazaki

:)

Edited by magazaki

Hi,

I need help.

I installed ver 0.9 (THX to Ian for his great effort :thumbup:), but can´t see the checkbox stuff in the "DCS Connection" area.

So I copied the script in the Export.lua as written in lower part of the web interface page.

Is it that I only see the checkbox stuff, if my DCS installation path is the default on C:\ ? (my DCS install is on a different drive)

And therefore the plugins to install will not be shown as recommended?

I try to attach an screenshot of my "DCS Connection" page and my Export.lua

Thx

hsssonic

DCSBiosHub2.thumb.png.e1375561a8c7a1f8dd90e1f37506a842.png

Export.lua

Hi,

I need help.

I installed ver 0.9 (THX to Ian for his great effort :thumbup:), but can´t see the checkbox stuff in the "DCS Connection" area.

So I copied the script in the Export.lua as written in lower part of the web interface page.

Is it that I only see the checkbox stuff, if my DCS installation path is the default on C:\ ? (my DCS install is on a different drive)

And therefore the plugins to install will not be shown as recommended?

I try to attach an screenshot of my "DCS Connection" page and my Export.lua

Thx

hsssonic

How did you install DCS?

The DCS-BIOS Hub picks up the DCS install location either from the Windows registry or from the Steam folder structure.

Are you having problems on the "DCS Connection" page, on the "Plugins" page, or both?

Which plugins do you expect to see but don't? If they are displayed when you uncheck "show only recommended plugins", I need the paths in the DCS installation dir so I can add them to the online catalog to make autodetection work.

Hi Ian,

I am referring to my initial question, post #29 where I don't get any output on the F16 Engine Tachometer.

I notice only a few plugins are listed as "recommended" in DCS-Bios HUB,

Does this mean that the others are not implemented yet, and that it is expected that this won't work yet. In other words there is still work to be done on the F16 plugin module?

Thanks,

Hi Ian,

I am referring to my initial question, post #29 where I don't get any output on the F16 Engine Tachometer.

I notice only a few plugins are listed as "recommended" in DCS-Bios HUB,

Does this mean that the others are not implemented yet, and that it is expected that this won't work yet. In other words there is still work to be done on the F16 plugin module?

Thanks,

A "recommended plugin" is one that matches one of your DCS: World modules. For example, if the folder "mods/aircraft/A-10C" exists in one of your DCS: World installation folders, the DCS-BIOS Hub will recommend the "module-a-10c" plugin.

If a plugin is not recommended but should be, it means I have not updated the catalog file with the correct installation path yet.

The "recommended" status says nothing about the quality or completeness of a plugin.

I am not the author of the F-16 module definition and I also don't own or fly the F-16 module, so I don't know how complete it is.

Edited by [FSF]Ian

• 4 weeks later...
Ian;4095204']The DCS-BIOS Hub is running on the computer that DCS is running on, and as such can only connect to that computer's serial ports.

You could grab a Windows build of socat from a 0.7.x release and try this from the command line:

mode COM1 BAUD=250000 PARITY=N DATA=8 STOP=1 TO=off DTR=off

socat tcp4-connect:dcsComputerIp:7778 /dev/ttyS0

/dev/ttyS0 would be COM1, for COMn use /dev/ttyS(n-1)

Sorry for the very late answer but a HUGE thanks for this!!!

Works great!

Very handy for me as I now can test my panels with my laptop and control the sim-computer with Remote Desktop.

Regards

F

It’s never too late to give up