How do I use the HMCS?

Kim Jong-un

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, skywalker22 said:

I went on some custom made mission, started the jet from cold. I did all as always, but the JHMCS didn`t want to appear. Any clues why not?

This is the mission: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3320030/

f16_JHMCS_issue.trk 4.94 MB · 0 downloads

Is it fitted in the mission? Depending on the time of the mission it will default to NVGs instead of HMCS

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

20 minutes ago, Deano87 said:

Is it fitted in the mission? Depending on the time of the mission it will default to NVGs instead of HMCS

How can you adjust that? Never heard of that for F-16 (I know you can add the night vision on Mirage for example). 

PS: I also tried to change the time of a mission into a day, but I still couldn`t make the HMCS visible.

Will try that:

image.png

Edited by skywalker22

On 10/24/2019 at 7:46 PM, Uberick said:

Have you tried DMS UP?

Not directed at Uberick directly, but it is also DMS DOWN to hide/show JHMCS.

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

On 5/8/2022 at 11:56 AM, Deano87 said:

This is incorrect. The choice between JHMCS or NVGs is set in the mission editor by the creator of the mission for each individual F-16. By default all F-16s will spawn with JHMCS during all times of the day except if the mission creator chooses otherwise.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante