x-52 minimouse settings?

can anyone please tell me how i configure the x-52 minimouse to slew the TDC in DCS? i cant seem to figure it out..
Have you tried using dcs axis command section to see if the minimouse will register as axis control?

Do not own the X52 anymore but I remember using the Saitek software to change the minimouse to X and Y bands and then use it as TDC slew function.

It is all vague now but can try these options or better still guys using the X52 will provide precise option.

Good luck.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Have you tried using dcs axis command section to see if the minimouse will register as axis control?

Do not own the X52 anymore but I remember using the Saitek software to change the minimouse to X and Y bands and then use it as TDC slew function.

It is all vague now but can try these options or better still guys using the X52 will provide precise option.

Good luck.

I allready tries that. But when I bind to the axis it just binds to me normal mouse. It seems DCS doesn’t even reconize the minimize other then moving around the curser

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the only way i made it work was opening up the Saitek X52 Flight Controll Properties in windows, while this window is open, you can asign anything as you like. however, you need to have that window open every time you fly DCS.

dont know, if there is another way to do it.

regards,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

I allready tries that. But when I bind to the axis it just binds to me normal mouse. It seems DCS doesn’t even reconize the minimize other then moving around the curser

Give me a few minutes. I'm using my X52 very successfully, but I've got a handful of tweaks and tricks that I've implemented. I'll send you my profile and some links.

Basically, I use Universal Control Remapper combined with vJoy (a virtual joystick driver and programmer) to split axis, create additional virtual joysticks, and multiply the number of functions I can do without ever taking my hands off the HOTAS. That for me is critical in flying the Hornet in VR.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Give me a few minutes. I'm using my X52 very successfully, but I've got a handful of tweaks and tricks that I've implemented. I'll send you my profile and some links.

Basically, I use Universal Control Remapper combined with vJoy (a virtual joystick driver and programmer) to split axis, create additional virtual joysticks, and multiply the number of functions I can do without ever taking my hands off the HOTAS. That for me is critical in flying the Hornet in VR.

Sir, would you be so kind and send me the files and how you setup your X52 to work with the HORNET? I too have been struggling to get anything more than the Pinkie to work as a modifier. Clutch will not work and the Minimouse will not respond as an axis. Sound like you're a smart man who has figured it out.

Thanks

MrScott on Discord (aka eFlight and Smokin1)

PC SPECS: Aorus Master Z390, I9-9900K@5.2Ghz, HC150Pro Cooler, 32GB T-Force 4133 Ram, 1.TB Samsunge 960Pro M.2, (20TB of other data storage in SSD and SATA6 too), EVGA RTX2080Ti KingPin Hybrid 11GB with LN2 BIOS. X-52Pro, Brunner MKII and Rudder Peddles. VR and or 3 55" 4K Displays.

As Lexe says above, use bands to map the thumb slew.

Example from working profile:

Ministick X Axis CHANGE from Fallback TO Bands

This defaults to 3 bands, 0-33%, 34-66%, and 67-100%

Pushing the ministick puts it in one of the end ranges, releasing puts it in centre band.

Map comma "," to mini x axis band 0-33

Leave 33-66% band null for centering

Map forwardslash "/" to mini x axis band 67-100

Do same for the Y ministick axis, which uses semi colon and period (";" and ".") for 0-33 and 67-100 bands respectively.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I used this reg-edit magic on my x52 back in the day and it worked a treat.

It sacrifices one existing axis (stick twist for me) and applies it to the mini stick.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1060211

See post #12 for the x52.

I just had a quick look and it seems that there are some additional steps needed to make it work on win 10, so check the end of the thread if you decide to go down this road.

Regards,

Tom

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk